Second Trailer to HBO Miniseries 'The Pacific'
The second trailer of "The Pacific" presents the brave soldiers questioning what each of them believes in and what are the reasons for the war. The miniseries is coming from producers Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, and the creators of Golden Globe-winning miniseries, "Band of Brothers".
It tells an intertwined stories of three Marines, Robert Leckie (James Badge Dale), Eugene Sledge (Joseph Mazzello) and John Basilone (Jon Seda) in the course of World War II against Japanese. The experiences take them from the first clash with the Japanese, through the impenetrable rain forests of Cape Gloucester, to the triumphant, yet uneasy, return home after V-J Day.
Containing 10 episodes in total, the directing task is divided among several men. They are Carl Franklin ("Rome"), Jeremy Podeswa ("Six Feet Under"), Tony To ("Band of Brothers"), Tim Van Patten ("The Sopranos") and Graham Yost ("From the Earth to the Moon").
The miniseries is adapted from Eugene Sledge's journals which were deemed as the "finest memoirs to emerge from any war" according to historian Paul Fussell. The plan is to air it starting March 2010.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group