Second Trailer to HBO Miniseries 'The Pacific'
The second trailer of "The Pacific" presents the brave soldiers questioning what each of them believes in and what are the reasons for the war. The miniseries is coming from producers Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, and the creators of Golden Globe-winning miniseries, "Band of Brothers".
It tells an intertwined stories of three Marines, Robert Leckie (James Badge Dale), Eugene Sledge (Joseph Mazzello) and John Basilone (Jon Seda) in the course of World War II against Japanese. The experiences take them from the first clash with the Japanese, through the impenetrable rain forests of Cape Gloucester, to the triumphant, yet uneasy, return home after V-J Day.
Containing 10 episodes in total, the directing task is divided among several men. They are Carl Franklin ("Rome"), Jeremy Podeswa ("Six Feet Under"), Tony To ("Band of Brothers"), Tim Van Patten ("The Sopranos") and Graham Yost ("From the Earth to the Moon").
The miniseries is adapted from Eugene Sledge's journals which were deemed as the "finest memoirs to emerge from any war" according to historian Paul Fussell. The plan is to air it starting March 2010.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons