Second Trailer to HBO Miniseries 'The Pacific'
The second trailer of "The Pacific" presents the brave soldiers questioning what each of them believes in and what are the reasons for the war. The miniseries is coming from producers Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, and the creators of Golden Globe-winning miniseries, "Band of Brothers".
It tells an intertwined stories of three Marines, Robert Leckie (James Badge Dale), Eugene Sledge (Joseph Mazzello) and John Basilone (Jon Seda) in the course of World War II against Japanese. The experiences take them from the first clash with the Japanese, through the impenetrable rain forests of Cape Gloucester, to the triumphant, yet uneasy, return home after V-J Day.
Containing 10 episodes in total, the directing task is divided among several men. They are Carl Franklin ("Rome"), Jeremy Podeswa ("Six Feet Under"), Tony To ("Band of Brothers"), Tim Van Patten ("The Sopranos") and Graham Yost ("From the Earth to the Moon").
The miniseries is adapted from Eugene Sledge's journals which were deemed as the "finest memoirs to emerge from any war" according to historian Paul Fussell. The plan is to air it starting March 2010.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'