Neve Campbell Allegedly Says No to 'Scream 4'
Neve Campbell, who portrayed Sidney Prescott on the first three "Scream" films, reportedly has refused to get involved in the fourth installment of the thriller-mystery, "Scream 4". The rumors sparked as the screenwriter of the film, Kevin Williamson, recently wrote in his Twitter page, "Trying to figure out a Sid-less scenario. She won't do it. This sucks."
Campbell's tight schedule reportedly becomes the reason behind her refusal to be involved. She currently is starring in a new NBC TV series entitled "The Philanthropist" and working on lots of movie projects. The 35-year-old actress previously worked on "Relative Strangers" and "Closing the Ring".
In related news, Courteney Cox and David Arquette reportedly were in negotiation to reprise their roles on the movie. Coming from the original producer of "Scream" Wes Craven, the film is scheduled to be released in U.S. theaters in 2010.
Earlier this year, Kevin Williamson was said to be working on a new trilogy for "Scream". The project could see director Wes Craven as its helmer. Craven didn't officially approve the idea to helm the movie project, but he was reported to consider it if the script is proven to be his liking.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington