Neve Campbell Allegedly Says No to 'Scream 4'
Neve Campbell, who portrayed Sidney Prescott on the first three "Scream" films, reportedly has refused to get involved in the fourth installment of the thriller-mystery, "Scream 4". The rumors sparked as the screenwriter of the film, Kevin Williamson, recently wrote in his Twitter page, "Trying to figure out a Sid-less scenario. She won't do it. This sucks."
Campbell's tight schedule reportedly becomes the reason behind her refusal to be involved. She currently is starring in a new NBC TV series entitled "The Philanthropist" and working on lots of movie projects. The 35-year-old actress previously worked on "Relative Strangers" and "Closing the Ring".
In related news, Courteney Cox and David Arquette reportedly were in negotiation to reprise their roles on the movie. Coming from the original producer of "Scream" Wes Craven, the film is scheduled to be released in U.S. theaters in 2010.
Earlier this year, Kevin Williamson was said to be working on a new trilogy for "Scream". The project could see director Wes Craven as its helmer. Craven didn't officially approve the idea to helm the movie project, but he was reported to consider it if the script is proven to be his liking.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers