Details of Katie Holmes' 'So You Think You Can Dance' Stint
Although confirmation has not come out from Katie Holmes' side, the news about the actress coming to "So You Think You Can Dance" is ripening. Details are released, Katie is set to pay a homage to Judy Garland during the stint and she has done a rehearsal on Monday, June 15 at FOX Studios.
An insider present at the rehearsal told US Magazine that she will sing "Get Happy" which is a piece that Garland performed in her 1950 musical film "Summer Stock". In doing the role, Katie wears an all-black outfit similar to what Garland wore, complete with the black fedora and leather heels. Eight male dancers with suits and ties are behind her. The setting meanwhile, is built with scaffolding that gives the idea of her dancing on a rooftop with the sky being the backdrop.
Directed by the show's judge Nigel Lythgoe and choreographed by Pal Tyce Diorio, the routine has her "seductively" shaking her hips. "She looks incredible. She is just doing an amazing job. Everyone is absolutely floored by how talented she is," the source said.
Katie's performance is taped and while reports were saying that it is reserved for the 100th episode in July, the segment could be aired this week because the news has started coming out.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns