Details of Katie Holmes' 'So You Think You Can Dance' Stint
Although confirmation has not come out from Katie Holmes' side, the news about the actress coming to "So You Think You Can Dance" is ripening. Details are released, Katie is set to pay a homage to Judy Garland during the stint and she has done a rehearsal on Monday, June 15 at FOX Studios.
An insider present at the rehearsal told US Magazine that she will sing "Get Happy" which is a piece that Garland performed in her 1950 musical film "Summer Stock". In doing the role, Katie wears an all-black outfit similar to what Garland wore, complete with the black fedora and leather heels. Eight male dancers with suits and ties are behind her. The setting meanwhile, is built with scaffolding that gives the idea of her dancing on a rooftop with the sky being the backdrop.
Directed by the show's judge Nigel Lythgoe and choreographed by Pal Tyce Diorio, the routine has her "seductively" shaking her hips. "She looks incredible. She is just doing an amazing job. Everyone is absolutely floored by how talented she is," the source said.
Katie's performance is taped and while reports were saying that it is reserved for the 100th episode in July, the segment could be aired this week because the news has started coming out.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'