'Deadpool' Movie Will See the Character With Scars and All
"Deadpool" is yet to have a director or writer(s), but its leading man Ryan Reynolds revealed to Splash Page MTV that the studio have agreed on several key points for the movie, including on the scar and costume. "He's going to be the Merc with the Mouth, [we're going to give] all those answers that everyone wants," the 32-year-old actor gushed. "He's going to have the scarred-up face, he's going to be in the suit - and, it's going to be incredible."
Having that said, he went on to share they are now working on determining which storyline will be materialized and how to do it. "Right now, it's just a question of trying to figure out what is the spine of the story," he revealed. "Who is the villain? What does Wade and/or Deadpool want? And how do you tell that story? Are we going to see flashbacks to his old life, flash-forwards, present-day? We're just trying to figure that stuff out."
As for his involvement, the co-star of Sandra Bullock in "The Proposal" said that he will be there to make sure the movie doesn't stray too far from its comic origins. "I love it, because I get to be involved. And I'm such a huge fan of the character," he said before adding, "I get to be the authentication police, in a weird way. To their credit - the studio's credit - they want to make an authentic 'Deadpool' movie; they want to make it as close to the source material as possible."
The Deadpool character made his first big screen appearance in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". Following the announcement of "Wolverine 2", words were coming out that a solo movie for this mutant assassin character was being pushed forward with Ryan Reynolds reprising his role as the character whose alter ego is known also as Wade Wilson.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed