No 'Y: The Last Man' for Shia LaBeouf
While he has been linked to "Y: The Last Man" for quite some time now, Shia LaBeouf recently revealed that he is no longer interested in playing the main character anymore. To Wizard magazine, the 22-year-old fessed up, "I'm not willing to make that movie currently, and may be too old to play the role by the time it does come around."
Providing reason behind his unwillingness, the co-star of Harrison Ford in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" mentioned that Yorick Brown character is too closely similar to his "Transformers" character. "You take Sam [Witwicky] and you put a monkey on his shoulder," he said of the similarity. "I don't know if it's that big a differential. It seems like he's the ordinary guy in an extraordinary situation again."
"Y: The Last Man" revolves its story around the last man on Earth. Centering its story on a young amateur escape artist Yorick Brown, the film will follow his journey to Australia to find his girlfriend after a mysterious plague roamed Earth killing every single Y chromosome mammal leaving Brown and his Capuchin monkey Ampersand to be the only male mammal on the planet.
Adapted from Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra's comic book series, the movie supposedly will be the project that reunites director D.J. Caruso and Shia LaBeouf following their collaboration in "Disturbia" and "Eagle Eye". It is suggested to be made into a trilogy with Alicia Keys possibly portraying Agent 355.
Meanwhile, Shia LaBeouf himself has a number of upcoming movies on his sleeves. He will be seen starring once again as Sam Witwicky when "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" hits U.S. theaters on June 24. He also played a part in upcoming ensemble drama "New York, I Love You". His next project would be for "Wall Street" sequel, "Money Never Sleeps".
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease