Kelly Rutherford Gives Birth to Second Child
"Gossip Girl" star Kelly Rutherford has given birth to her second child with estranged husband, German entrepreneur Daniel Giersch. The infant, who is a girl, was born in Los Angeles at 9:20 P.M. Monday, June 8 and weighed in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces. She is named Helena Grace Rutherford Giersch. "Kelly and the baby are doing fine," the actress' representative confirmed in a statement.
Daniel was absent during Helena's birth despite the fact that he said he had a verbal agreement with Kelly that she would notify him via phone or text if she had gone into labor. He was quick to issue an explanation though, stating "Media reports claiming that I neglected to attend my daughter's birth are total lies and fabrication. I was never informed by Kelly about the birth of our daughter, nor was I invited to attend. In fact, I found out about it through Internet reports like everyone else. Although this sickens me, I am of course overjoyed that our baby was born healthy. I would've wanted nothing more than to hold our newborn daughter for a few moments, and I only seek to co-parent both our children responsibly and with love."
Kelly's publicist Jill Fritzo countered as being quoted by People, "The doctors advised that no one be in the birthing room; [Daniel] was notified when [Helena] was born and was immediately invited to come see her."
Daniel Giersch was Kelly Rutherford's second husband. They got married in August 2006 and have an eldest child, a son named Hermes Gustaf Daniel Giersch. In December 2008, she filed for divorce from him, citing irreconcilable differences. Kelly was married to her first husband, Carlos Tarajano, from June 2001 to January 2002.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia