Kyra Sedgwick Gets Her Own Walk of Fame Star
Kyra Sedgwick has received her own star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame. On Monday morning, June 8, the actress who is best known for her portrayal of Los Angeles Police Department deputy police chief Brenda Johnson on "The Closer" attended the ceremony accompanied by her actor husband Kevin Bacon.
Upon receiving her star, the 43-year-old said she first got into the acting business when she was twelve years old and never looked back since then. "The need to walk around in other's shoes and convey the truth of other humans runs deep into the heart of me," she added. "A desire I doubt will ever be snuffed out. So honored to be among the actors on Hollywood Blvd., but memorable performances are never made alone."
Sedgwick, who is the recipient of a Golden Globe statuette, became the 2,384th celebrity to have their stars planted on the stretch of Hollywood Boulevard which honors Tinseltown celebrities. Her star has been unraveled Monday to be placed next to her husband's.
Making her professional debut in NBC daytime drama "Another World" at the age of 16 years old, Kyra Sedgwick went on to appear in several Hollywood movies, such as "Something to Talk About", "Phenomenon" and "The Game Plan". She has received four Golden Globe nominations and won one for her starring role in TV series "The Closer". Next, she will be seen in sci-fi thriller "Gamer".
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!