Villainous Loki of 'Thor' Could Appear in Multiple Marvel Movies
Apparently Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury won't be the only character appearing in multiple Marvel movies since recent update has pointed out on the possibility of Thor's nemesis Loki to cross over between films. The likelihood of the matter was thrown in by Marvel's president of production Kevin Feige during Marvel Studios presentation on Sunday, June 7, as reported by First Showing.
The studio topper confirmed that Tom Hiddleston has been tapped to play Loki in "Thor", and added that the actor along with Thor's depicter Chris Hemsworth has been cast for multiple movies and "multiple franchises", which include "The First Avenger: Captain America" and "The Avengers". He, in addition, revealed that Loki has the aspects of being "a classic villain that could be sustained over the course of many films and provide the hero with a challenge while also being a mirror of that hero himself".
Beside Jackson, Hiddleston and Hemsworth, another actor signed for multiple Marvel movies is Scarlett Johansson, who will soon be seen portraying Black Widow in "Iron Man 2". Of Johansson's character, Feige stated that her character has "two sides". She will first come out as an assistant to Tony Stark, before being revealed as a character named Black Widow.
An adaptation of the comic book franchise launched in 1962, "Thor" will be set in modern time and will take place on both Earth and Asgard. It tells the story of disabled medical student Donald Blake, whose alter ego is a hammer-wielding Norse god Thor. Paramount Pictures will distribute this Kenneth Branagh-directed film in theaters across the U.S. on May 20, 2011.
More Thor News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show