Villainous Loki of 'Thor' Could Appear in Multiple Marvel Movies
Apparently Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury won't be the only character appearing in multiple Marvel movies since recent update has pointed out on the possibility of Thor's nemesis Loki to cross over between films. The likelihood of the matter was thrown in by Marvel's president of production Kevin Feige during Marvel Studios presentation on Sunday, June 7, as reported by First Showing.
The studio topper confirmed that Tom Hiddleston has been tapped to play Loki in "Thor", and added that the actor along with Thor's depicter Chris Hemsworth has been cast for multiple movies and "multiple franchises", which include "The First Avenger: Captain America" and "The Avengers". He, in addition, revealed that Loki has the aspects of being "a classic villain that could be sustained over the course of many films and provide the hero with a challenge while also being a mirror of that hero himself".
Beside Jackson, Hiddleston and Hemsworth, another actor signed for multiple Marvel movies is Scarlett Johansson, who will soon be seen portraying Black Widow in "Iron Man 2". Of Johansson's character, Feige stated that her character has "two sides". She will first come out as an assistant to Tony Stark, before being revealed as a character named Black Widow.
An adaptation of the comic book franchise launched in 1962, "Thor" will be set in modern time and will take place on both Earth and Asgard. It tells the story of disabled medical student Donald Blake, whose alter ego is a hammer-wielding Norse god Thor. Paramount Pictures will distribute this Kenneth Branagh-directed film in theaters across the U.S. on May 20, 2011.
More Thor News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz
- Ike Barinholtz Broke His Neck While Filming Movie Stunt
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Tummy in Skintight Crop Top
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?