Ovation TV Secures Right to 'Heath Ledger: A Tribute'
An hour-long documentary special will be dedicated to Heath Ledger. Cable channel Ovation TV has acquired the rights to air "Heath Ledger: A Tribute" from Australian production company World Wide Entertainment and will air it in U.S. this August.
"Throughout his short career, Heath Ledger seemed a star destined to burn brightly and leave a lasting mark," said Kris Slava, senior VP programming for Ovation TV. "This documentary is a warm, honest portrayal of the actor and the man, and features footage that has never been seen in America. We are pleased to be able to include it our week-long tribute to the talented stars we lost too soon."
The documentary is part of Ovation TV's week-long programming event "Live Fast, Die Young" which includes the biographies of stars such as Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, and Jim Belushi. "Ovation TV is renowned for their extensive library of biographies on some of the most famous, influential and revered artists, past and present," said World Wide Entertainment's managing director, Jonathan Hutchings.
There has been no specific date for the airing.
More Heath Ledger News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'