Ovation TV Secures Right to 'Heath Ledger: A Tribute'
An hour-long documentary special will be dedicated to Heath Ledger. Cable channel Ovation TV has acquired the rights to air "Heath Ledger: A Tribute" from Australian production company World Wide Entertainment and will air it in U.S. this August.
"Throughout his short career, Heath Ledger seemed a star destined to burn brightly and leave a lasting mark," said Kris Slava, senior VP programming for Ovation TV. "This documentary is a warm, honest portrayal of the actor and the man, and features footage that has never been seen in America. We are pleased to be able to include it our week-long tribute to the talented stars we lost too soon."
The documentary is part of Ovation TV's week-long programming event "Live Fast, Die Young" which includes the biographies of stars such as Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, and Jim Belushi. "Ovation TV is renowned for their extensive library of biographies on some of the most famous, influential and revered artists, past and present," said World Wide Entertainment's managing director, Jonathan Hutchings.
There has been no specific date for the airing.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3