Ovation TV Secures Right to 'Heath Ledger: A Tribute'
An hour-long documentary special will be dedicated to Heath Ledger. Cable channel Ovation TV has acquired the rights to air "Heath Ledger: A Tribute" from Australian production company World Wide Entertainment and will air it in U.S. this August.
"Throughout his short career, Heath Ledger seemed a star destined to burn brightly and leave a lasting mark," said Kris Slava, senior VP programming for Ovation TV. "This documentary is a warm, honest portrayal of the actor and the man, and features footage that has never been seen in America. We are pleased to be able to include it our week-long tribute to the talented stars we lost too soon."
The documentary is part of Ovation TV's week-long programming event "Live Fast, Die Young" which includes the biographies of stars such as Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, and Jim Belushi. "Ovation TV is renowned for their extensive library of biographies on some of the most famous, influential and revered artists, past and present," said World Wide Entertainment's managing director, Jonathan Hutchings.
There has been no specific date for the airing.
More Heath Ledger News
- Bella Thorne Gets Nipple Piercing, Shares Naked Photo
- Is Drake Cheating on J.Lo With This Porn Star in Amsterdam?
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci