'Jon and Kate Plus 8' Recap: Jon's Away on Kate's Birthday
In the second episode of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" this season, things were more visibly sad between the kids' parents. While the twins and the sixtuplets were getting help from professional baker Duff Goldman to bake a cake as a surprise for Kate's birthday, Jon was away snow-boarding in Park City, Utah.
Jon was actually there to do some volunteer work with Utah's disabled children on the ski slopes. However, later on Jon said he was glad to be totally alone and away from the reality and TV world. Meanwhile, back at home, Kate expressed her sadness of Jon's absence, saying "It was a little depressing, I guess. Jon's away, so it's kind of sad."
As if a respond to the media scrutiny that they have been exploiting the children for their own will, Kate said in the first couch interview, "My kids are the reason I have always done everything. My kids are the reason I laid on bed rest for 30 entire weeks. My kids are the reason that I wrote the books, and it's always about them. And, I know that it looks it's all about me all the time and whatever, but what you don't see is down deep inside it's a desperate desire to provide for my kids."
Jon later also addressed this issue, saying "So, now I'm like the stay-at-home dad thing and Kate's the career woman, so it's different for me. I think it's different for a guy. We're not moms, nor do we try to be."
The June 1 episode consisted of two segments, one focusing on Kate's birthday and the other one is on mother-daughter time between Kate and Mady. There was a little accident in the second segment when Alexis fell down and bit through her lip.
On another news, TLC is "now looking for NY, NJ, and CT families who are expecting twins, triplets, or more!" With Jon and Kate Gosselin's uncertain future, the network is anticipating by developing a similar show where it can "capture the birth of the babies and witness their amazing first breath, first cry, and all the emotions that go along with such an incredible occasion."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl