Susan Boyle's Interview After Her Loss on 'Britain's Got Talent' Final
Susan Boyle spared a minute to talk about her loss on "Britain's Got Talent" on Saturday, May 30 night. In a video interview a day after the final, the 47-year-old said with a laugh that she was "feeling good" despite the unexpected result. Under the layer, Susan admitted that there were problems before the final, one of them was having a cold. But she told herself to "better pick it up and keep going. ...and after that it just got better."
On the amount of pressure that she felt during the final, Susan compared it to the audition in Glasgow where there were only 4,000 people and the fact that it was shot in the studio. "The Sunday night was entirely different and the pressure was really on me. But you tend to ignore that other people are watching and just concentrate on what's happening," she said.
Susan also talked about the pleasure of having fans, how she has no clue about the YouTube phenomenon and what she felt before the final. "Not 100 percent sure that we get through because anything can happen. But (I) do really the best I can, because I really want this moment to be a good moment. I want to fulfill this dream."
Just moments after the interview and the media coverage on her that Sunday, Susan was taken to a Priory clinic due to exhaustion. Without naming the person, a spokesman for London's Scotland Yard police said, "Police were called at approximately 6pm (1700 GMT) to a central London hotel to doctors assessing a woman under the Mental Health Act. Police and ambulance attended. The woman was taken voluntarily by ambulance to a clinic. At the request of doctors, police accompanied the ambulance."
Susan was reportedly emotionally drained out and was coping with the fact that she's a runner up. Show aides contacted the police after noticing that she was acting strangely at her London hotel. A source elaborated, "She'd been at the hotel for a few days, but since Saturday's final had been acting strangely, causing a bit of a stir. The staff were concerned - something wasn't right."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'