'Jon and Kate Plus 8' Under Investigation for Possible Child Labor Laws Violation
A new scandal is hitting "Jon & Kate Plus 8" as legal complaint has been filed against the hit reality TV series, alleging it may violate child labor laws. A statement of confirmation was issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor on Friday, May 29 that an investigation is underway to determine if the TLC show is proven violating the law or not.
"We're not saying that they are not complying with child labor laws. We're investigating a complaint," Troy Thompson of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor explained. "We're not saying that there was or was not a violation, just that we're conducting an investigation."
Nevertheless, there is no record on who files the complaint against "Jon & Kate Plus 8", which focuses on the challenges the controversial couple, Jon and Kate Gosselin, has to face as they raise their eight young children that include 8-year-old twin girls and sextuplets who just turned 5.
Responding to the legal complaint, cable TV network TLC released a statement through its representative, saying "TLC fully complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Jon and Kate + 8 is no exception. For an extended period of time, we have been engaged in cooperative discussions and supplied all requested information to the Pennsylvania Department of Labor. We will continue to engage the appropriate officials and meet any standards or regulations that are applicable to TLC productions."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo