T.R. Knight Not Coming Back for 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 6
As "Grey's Anatomy" enters the sixth season later this fall, there might be one character noticeably missing from the line-up. Sources are telling E! News' Marc Malkin that T.R. Knight will not be back to the show after his rift with creator Shonda Rhimes became too "unbearable for both".
The root of the departure dated back when T.R. complained on the creative direction of his character, George O'Malley. The actor thought George had less screen time and lacked a story line. Therefore he wanted to be detached from the contract so that he can pursue other things. Rhimes herself refused to be explicit about the issue, simply saying "I think that there have been lots of rumors about TR, but TR's never said anything. Take from it what you will."
On the season 5 finale that aired earlier this month, George shocked Bailey and the rest of the crew when he wanted to join U.S. army as a trauma surgeon. However, in a twist of fate, he was struck by a bus while trying to save a woman from being hit. He flat-lined toward the end of the episode, joined by Izzie who also lost the sign of life.
Nothing was addressed about Katherine Heigl, who has submitted her name back as an Emmy Awards contender for her portrayal of Izzie.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'