Jon and Kate Gosselin Release Statement After Season Premiere
The tension that was apparent on the season premiere of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" translates to an off-air statement from the couple, Jon and Kate Gosselin. After dropping the "divorce" hint, the mother of sixtuplets and twin girls said in a joint statement with Jon that they are indeed "navigating a very difficult time".
"Our current situation brings us together around the children and some times sets us apart," the statement goes on. "We keep our faith that we will make the right decisions for our family." Both Jon and Kate have been criticized for continuing the show and valuing money and fame more than their family.
On the Monday, May 26 episode, the couple was interviewed separately on the status of their marriage after the cheating scandal that has been surrounding the family in the past few months. "Parents of multiples have triple the divorce rate, and (we were) thinking we were gonna beat that," Kate said in solo. "But I don't know if I can say that anymore." Jon came with an apologetic statement, saying "I'd like to apologize to my family for my actions."
According to USA Today, the season 5 premiere set a record as the most-watched episode on TLC. It absorbed 9.8 million viewers, more than a double of the season 4 finale which drew 4.6 million. A TV movie is reportedly being developed.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival