Jon and Kate Gosselin Release Statement After Season Premiere
The tension that was apparent on the season premiere of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" translates to an off-air statement from the couple, Jon and Kate Gosselin. After dropping the "divorce" hint, the mother of sixtuplets and twin girls said in a joint statement with Jon that they are indeed "navigating a very difficult time".
"Our current situation brings us together around the children and some times sets us apart," the statement goes on. "We keep our faith that we will make the right decisions for our family." Both Jon and Kate have been criticized for continuing the show and valuing money and fame more than their family.
On the Monday, May 26 episode, the couple was interviewed separately on the status of their marriage after the cheating scandal that has been surrounding the family in the past few months. "Parents of multiples have triple the divorce rate, and (we were) thinking we were gonna beat that," Kate said in solo. "But I don't know if I can say that anymore." Jon came with an apologetic statement, saying "I'd like to apologize to my family for my actions."
According to USA Today, the season 5 premiere set a record as the most-watched episode on TLC. It absorbed 9.8 million viewers, more than a double of the season 4 finale which drew 4.6 million. A TV movie is reportedly being developed.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!