Jon and Kate Gosselin Release Statement After Season Premiere
The tension that was apparent on the season premiere of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" translates to an off-air statement from the couple, Jon and Kate Gosselin. After dropping the "divorce" hint, the mother of sixtuplets and twin girls said in a joint statement with Jon that they are indeed "navigating a very difficult time".
"Our current situation brings us together around the children and some times sets us apart," the statement goes on. "We keep our faith that we will make the right decisions for our family." Both Jon and Kate have been criticized for continuing the show and valuing money and fame more than their family.
On the Monday, May 26 episode, the couple was interviewed separately on the status of their marriage after the cheating scandal that has been surrounding the family in the past few months. "Parents of multiples have triple the divorce rate, and (we were) thinking we were gonna beat that," Kate said in solo. "But I don't know if I can say that anymore." Jon came with an apologetic statement, saying "I'd like to apologize to my family for my actions."
According to USA Today, the season 5 premiere set a record as the most-watched episode on TLC. It absorbed 9.8 million viewers, more than a double of the season 4 finale which drew 4.6 million. A TV movie is reportedly being developed.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'