Jon and Kate Gosselin Release Statement After Season Premiere
The tension that was apparent on the season premiere of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" translates to an off-air statement from the couple, Jon and Kate Gosselin. After dropping the "divorce" hint, the mother of sixtuplets and twin girls said in a joint statement with Jon that they are indeed "navigating a very difficult time".
"Our current situation brings us together around the children and some times sets us apart," the statement goes on. "We keep our faith that we will make the right decisions for our family." Both Jon and Kate have been criticized for continuing the show and valuing money and fame more than their family.
On the Monday, May 26 episode, the couple was interviewed separately on the status of their marriage after the cheating scandal that has been surrounding the family in the past few months. "Parents of multiples have triple the divorce rate, and (we were) thinking we were gonna beat that," Kate said in solo. "But I don't know if I can say that anymore." Jon came with an apologetic statement, saying "I'd like to apologize to my family for my actions."
According to USA Today, the season 5 premiere set a record as the most-watched episode on TLC. It absorbed 9.8 million viewers, more than a double of the season 4 finale which drew 4.6 million. A TV movie is reportedly being developed.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'