DAUGHTRY's Producer Blasts 'American Idol' Outcast Danny Gokey
Howard Benson, who has produced DAUGHTRY's albums, recently slammed Danny Gokey, sharing to MTV that making a record with the "American Idol" outcast will be hard. "The hardest record to make is Gokey's record, which is why I don't think he's going to make one," Howard states.
"It would be very tough to make a record with him," the producer, who has also worked with Kelly Clarkson, continued. "I don't think he established who he was at all. He has this great, soulful voice. But he dresses like some guy that's in a bar somewhere. He doesn't look the part."
Beside opening up his opinion about Danny Gokey, Howard Benson also commented on Allison Iraheta and Megan Joy. While frankly admitting that he is pessimistic about Danny making an album, Howard said he would love to work with Allison and considered Megan has some potential.
Despite Howard's harsh words, Danny previously revealed his desire "to do a soulful album." He explained, "I want to mix it with nice beats, like nice R&B beats, beats that get people's heads moving, and mix it with a hint of a Latin vibe. I was with my wife for 12 years, she was Puerto Rican, and I'm so into salsa and merengue, and I want to mix it in one arena."
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak