DAUGHTRY's Producer Blasts 'American Idol' Outcast Danny Gokey
Howard Benson, who has produced DAUGHTRY's albums, recently slammed Danny Gokey, sharing to MTV that making a record with the "American Idol" outcast will be hard. "The hardest record to make is Gokey's record, which is why I don't think he's going to make one," Howard states.
"It would be very tough to make a record with him," the producer, who has also worked with Kelly Clarkson, continued. "I don't think he established who he was at all. He has this great, soulful voice. But he dresses like some guy that's in a bar somewhere. He doesn't look the part."
Beside opening up his opinion about Danny Gokey, Howard Benson also commented on Allison Iraheta and Megan Joy. While frankly admitting that he is pessimistic about Danny making an album, Howard said he would love to work with Allison and considered Megan has some potential.
Despite Howard's harsh words, Danny previously revealed his desire "to do a soulful album." He explained, "I want to mix it with nice beats, like nice R&B beats, beats that get people's heads moving, and mix it with a hint of a Latin vibe. I was with my wife for 12 years, she was Puerto Rican, and I'm so into salsa and merengue, and I want to mix it in one arena."
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?