AnnaLynne McCord on Her Reason Passing on 'New Moon' Role
AnnaLynne McCord has set things straight on why she decided to pass on playing Heidi in "The Twilight Saga's New Moon". Revealing the real reason behind her decision to MTV News Thursday, May 21, the Naomi Clark of The CW's "90210" explained, "There was scheduling conflicts and I really just needed a break."
"I worked two years, I came straight off 'Nip/Tuck' and on to '90210' and it's wonderful to work, but I needed some R&R," the 21-year-old confessed. The self-dubbed "hard-core" fan of the series furthermore shared that it wasn't an easy decision for her. "I was [upset] 'cause I really love the film, all of them, the books and everything and I have a lot of friends on the movies," she said. "But in the end, I got to go to Europe for two months ... so I can't say that I'm too pissed."
Earlier this year, the "Fired Up" actress had confirmed that she was on the run to take on the role of gorgeous-looking Heidi in "New Moon". However, at the time, she also acknowledged that her casting might be hindered by scheduling conflict. "We are in negotiations. It's definitely something I would love to do; as most people know, I am obsessed with vampires. I'm a true-blood 'Twilight' fan all the way," she said. "There's some scheduling conflicts, and we're trying to work that out now."
Since AnnaLynne McCord passed on, the role of Heidi fell into the lap of Canadian model Noot Seear. She will be joined by Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, who return to reprise their roles as Edward Cullen, Bella Swan and Jacob Black. In addition to the three original actors, Seear will also share screen with new additions that consist of Dakota Fanning and Michael Sheen among others.
"The Twilight Saga's New Moon" will be directed by "The Golden Compass" helmer Chris Weitz using the script penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg. Centering on the personal conflict Bella experiences following Edward Cullen's abrupt departure, it will follow the mortal beauty as she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and her loyalties tested. It targets a November 20 U.S. release.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos