AnnaLynne McCord on Her Reason Passing on 'New Moon' Role
AnnaLynne McCord has set things straight on why she decided to pass on playing Heidi in "The Twilight Saga's New Moon". Revealing the real reason behind her decision to MTV News Thursday, May 21, the Naomi Clark of The CW's "90210" explained, "There was scheduling conflicts and I really just needed a break."
"I worked two years, I came straight off 'Nip/Tuck' and on to '90210' and it's wonderful to work, but I needed some R&R," the 21-year-old confessed. The self-dubbed "hard-core" fan of the series furthermore shared that it wasn't an easy decision for her. "I was [upset] 'cause I really love the film, all of them, the books and everything and I have a lot of friends on the movies," she said. "But in the end, I got to go to Europe for two months ... so I can't say that I'm too pissed."
Earlier this year, the "Fired Up" actress had confirmed that she was on the run to take on the role of gorgeous-looking Heidi in "New Moon". However, at the time, she also acknowledged that her casting might be hindered by scheduling conflict. "We are in negotiations. It's definitely something I would love to do; as most people know, I am obsessed with vampires. I'm a true-blood 'Twilight' fan all the way," she said. "There's some scheduling conflicts, and we're trying to work that out now."
Since AnnaLynne McCord passed on, the role of Heidi fell into the lap of Canadian model Noot Seear. She will be joined by Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, who return to reprise their roles as Edward Cullen, Bella Swan and Jacob Black. In addition to the three original actors, Seear will also share screen with new additions that consist of Dakota Fanning and Michael Sheen among others.
"The Twilight Saga's New Moon" will be directed by "The Golden Compass" helmer Chris Weitz using the script penned by "Twilight" screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg. Centering on the personal conflict Bella experiences following Edward Cullen's abrupt departure, it will follow the mortal beauty as she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and her loyalties tested. It targets a November 20 U.S. release.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur