'Fanboys 2' Already Being Planned
While "Fanboys" did not meet expectations, talks of its sequel in the making are brewing. In a recent chat with Moviehole, one of the film's stars Dan Fogler laid out in the open that director Kyle Newman is not only thinking of a sequel, but has already had an idea for the follow-up movie to the 2009-released comedy.
According to the 32-year-old actor, the sequel would have the characters from the first film regrouping for another mission. This time, they will step up the ante as they cross the sea to crash the set of "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" which is located in Australia.
As for whether or not he will return to reprise his role as Harold Hutchinson a.k.a. Hutch, the "Balls of Fury" actor stated, "If he could come up with the right script, and get everyone together again, I would definitely do it." He furthermore suggested Newman to do it as an indie, saying "If you want to do it right, do it independently."
Coming from producer/actor Kevin Spacey, the original "Fanboys" revolves around a group of friends who try to break in Skywalker Ranch to steal a copy of "Star Wars: Episode I". The movie follows their every attempt to get the film which put them in many outrageous situations, including a brawl with some hard-core Trekkies.
It stars Sam Huntington, Chris Marquette, Dan Fogler, Kristen Bell, Jay Baruchel, Seth Rogen and many others. It was released on February 6 in eight U.S. markets before expanding to ten more cities on February 20. Met with mostly negative reviews, it collected around $688,529 so far.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly