'Fanboys 2' Already Being Planned
While "Fanboys" did not meet expectations, talks of its sequel in the making are brewing. In a recent chat with Moviehole, one of the film's stars Dan Fogler laid out in the open that director Kyle Newman is not only thinking of a sequel, but has already had an idea for the follow-up movie to the 2009-released comedy.
According to the 32-year-old actor, the sequel would have the characters from the first film regrouping for another mission. This time, they will step up the ante as they cross the sea to crash the set of "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" which is located in Australia.
As for whether or not he will return to reprise his role as Harold Hutchinson a.k.a. Hutch, the "Balls of Fury" actor stated, "If he could come up with the right script, and get everyone together again, I would definitely do it." He furthermore suggested Newman to do it as an indie, saying "If you want to do it right, do it independently."
Coming from producer/actor Kevin Spacey, the original "Fanboys" revolves around a group of friends who try to break in Skywalker Ranch to steal a copy of "Star Wars: Episode I". The movie follows their every attempt to get the film which put them in many outrageous situations, including a brawl with some hard-core Trekkies.
It stars Sam Huntington, Chris Marquette, Dan Fogler, Kristen Bell, Jay Baruchel, Seth Rogen and many others. It was released on February 6 in eight U.S. markets before expanding to ten more cities on February 20. Met with mostly negative reviews, it collected around $688,529 so far.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event