'The Last Airbender' Pics: First Look at Aang and Zuko
The first look at key characters of "The Last Airbender" has been shared with the publication of the film's two images by USA Today on its Friday's issue. One of the photos shows off newcomer Noah Ringer as main character Aang. The other one centers on the live-action Zuko, who is portrayed by "Slumdog Millionaire" star Dev Patel.
Accompanying the pictures, the paper included an article about the two actors. Ringer, who is a Texas native with a black belt in tae kwon do, revealed that he keeps his head shaved like his character. "It keeps me cool when I'm doing tae kwon do," the 12-year-old reasoned. "It's so cool to get the part." As for Patel, he fessed up of learning about "Avatar" series when filming "Slumdog".
"The Last Airbender" is a live-action film version of Nickelodeon's animated series of the same name. To be differentiated from James Cameron's "Avatar", it has dropped "Avatar" from its title. It centers on Aang, an Avatar who has the power to manipulate air, water, earth and fire. Though caught between combat and courage, he teams with Katara, a Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka, to restore balance to their war-torn world.
Aside from Noah Ringer and Dev Patel, it will see Nicola Peltz as Katara, Jackson Rathbone as Sokka and Jessica Jade Andres as Suki. This action adventure movie is said to be a part of a trilogy. Paramount Pictures eye to release it in theaters across the U.S. on July 2, 2010.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor