'The Last Airbender' Pics: First Look at Aang and Zuko
The first look at key characters of "The Last Airbender" has been shared with the publication of the film's two images by USA Today on its Friday's issue. One of the photos shows off newcomer Noah Ringer as main character Aang. The other one centers on the live-action Zuko, who is portrayed by "Slumdog Millionaire" star Dev Patel.
Accompanying the pictures, the paper included an article about the two actors. Ringer, who is a Texas native with a black belt in tae kwon do, revealed that he keeps his head shaved like his character. "It keeps me cool when I'm doing tae kwon do," the 12-year-old reasoned. "It's so cool to get the part." As for Patel, he fessed up of learning about "Avatar" series when filming "Slumdog".
"The Last Airbender" is a live-action film version of Nickelodeon's animated series of the same name. To be differentiated from James Cameron's "Avatar", it has dropped "Avatar" from its title. It centers on Aang, an Avatar who has the power to manipulate air, water, earth and fire. Though caught between combat and courage, he teams with Katara, a Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka, to restore balance to their war-torn world.
Aside from Noah Ringer and Dev Patel, it will see Nicola Peltz as Katara, Jackson Rathbone as Sokka and Jessica Jade Andres as Suki. This action adventure movie is said to be a part of a trilogy. Paramount Pictures eye to release it in theaters across the U.S. on July 2, 2010.
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off