ABC's Fall 2009 Schedule Listed
Compared to FOX and NBC that have announced their Fall 2009 line-up earlier, ABC has the most dramatic changes in its line-up. The Alphabet is taking in more than 10 new shows to grace its 2009-10 season on top of the high-rating regulars such as "Dancing with the Stars", "Grey's Anatomy" and "Desperate Housewives".
These new shows include the Courteney Cox-starring vehicle "Cougar Town" which will be put on Wednesdays comedy slot along with newbies "Hank", "The Middle" and "Modern Family". ABC Entertainment Group chief Steve McPherson said, "We were looking to establish a comedy presence. Our Wednesday night has certainly been challenging for us and is something we wanted to improve on, and we were looking for event-style series."
ABC had also canceled a lot of the series that were only introduced in midseason this year, except for "Castle" which is deemed having "a lot of promise." Also, "Better Off Ted" is saved but shelved for midseason 2010 along with "Scrubs", and "The Bachelor". New series in the midseason are "Happy Town", "The Deep End" and the remake of '80s series "V".
Definitely goners are "Cupid", "The Unusuals", "According to Jim" and "Samantha Who?".
ABC FALL 2009 SCHEDULE Monday:
- 8 P.M. - "Hank"
- 8:30 P.M. - "The Middle"
- 9 P.M. - "Modern Family"
- 9:30 P.M. - "Cougar Town"
- 10 P.M. - "Eastwick"
- 8 P.M. - "Saturday Night College Football"
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media