ABC's Fall 2009 Schedule Listed
Compared to FOX and NBC that have announced their Fall 2009 line-up earlier, ABC has the most dramatic changes in its line-up. The Alphabet is taking in more than 10 new shows to grace its 2009-10 season on top of the high-rating regulars such as "Dancing with the Stars", "Grey's Anatomy" and "Desperate Housewives".
These new shows include the Courteney Cox-starring vehicle "Cougar Town" which will be put on Wednesdays comedy slot along with newbies "Hank", "The Middle" and "Modern Family". ABC Entertainment Group chief Steve McPherson said, "We were looking to establish a comedy presence. Our Wednesday night has certainly been challenging for us and is something we wanted to improve on, and we were looking for event-style series."
ABC had also canceled a lot of the series that were only introduced in midseason this year, except for "Castle" which is deemed having "a lot of promise." Also, "Better Off Ted" is saved but shelved for midseason 2010 along with "Scrubs", and "The Bachelor". New series in the midseason are "Happy Town", "The Deep End" and the remake of '80s series "V".
Definitely goners are "Cupid", "The Unusuals", "According to Jim" and "Samantha Who?".
ABC FALL 2009 SCHEDULE Monday:
- 8 P.M. - "Hank"
- 8:30 P.M. - "The Middle"
- 9 P.M. - "Modern Family"
- 9:30 P.M. - "Cougar Town"
- 10 P.M. - "Eastwick"
- 8 P.M. - "Saturday Night College Football"
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6