Tyra Banks' Statement Regarding Paulina Porizkova's 'ANTM' Exit
For those who are following the story of "America's Next Top Model" firing judge Paulina Porizkova, the case seemed to be decided based on personal matters. However, in a just released statement, producer Ken Mok and the show's host Tyra Banks said that it was the limited budget that drove them to the dismissal.
"The current state of the economy has forced shows to make major budget cuts industry wide," Mok said on Monday, May 18 in a joint statement with Tyra. "America's Next Top Model is not immune to these financially challenging times. We've had to make significant cuts in every area of the production and, unfortunately, Paulina was a casualty of these cuts."
The statement goes on further, "Tyra, who pursued Paulina to join the show as a judge multiple times, was incredibly saddened by the decision the show was forced to make. We really enjoyed working with Paulina, and we wish her all the best in her future endeavors."
Porizkova made it clear last week that she was fired from the show on her birthday back in April. She was not given clear reason but had a theory that it was her big ego that cost her the job. "So I figured it was either that or my gigantic huge ego. Which I wasn't aware of until I was told by the producers that I have an ego problem," she said on "The Billy Bush Show".
Few days later she released another statement saying that she has a problem with Tyra being late six hours while her own time is considered not important.
However, in a more recent statement, the supermodel wanted to make it clear that she holds no grudge against Tyra and Co. "I don't think they meant anything ill [by firing] on my birthday," she revealed. "They just didn't check. They're not bad people by any means. None of them. Not Tyra. Not the producers. And I actually had a really good time with Nigel and Ms. Jay and Mr. Jay. It was great. It was a really fun job."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'