FOX's Official Fall Schedule Listed
FOX officially unwrapped its Fall schedule on Monday, May 18 and some worthy to take notes are the bold move they make with "Fringe" and what's behind the cancellation of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles". Other than that, the network has announced several changes as well as their plan for 2010 midseason.
Instead of Tuesdays, "Fringe" will go for Thursdays on the second season, meaning it will challenge ABC's "Grey's Anatomy", NBC's "The Office" and CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" at the 9 P.M. time slot. It will be preceded by "Bones" that retains its regular slot. But changes are bound to happen for FOX is the first to announce its line-up and other networks are to follow throughout this week.
Meanwhile "Terminator" is definitely a goner. "It was not an inexpensive show," Fox Entertainment president Kevin Reilly explained. "We looked at ratings track where it had a consistent run. That trend line was not pointing in the right direction. We did a huge launch with that show. It was time to move on." The vacant slot will be filled by "Dollhouse" with the lead-in from half-hour shows "Brothers" and "'Til Death".
On Mondays, "House M.D." will still take the 8 P.M. slot, paired with the second season of "Lie to Me". On Tuesdays, FOX is confident enough with two-hours of "So You Think You Can Dance". It will take the schedule left by "American Idol" which wraps up this Spring, having its one-hour result show on Wednesdays. New musical "Glee" will follow "Dance" after the result night.
Wanda Sykes' new talk show is put on Saturday nights at 11 P.M. while "The Simpsons", "The Cleveland Show", "Family Guy" and "American Dad" are cramped on the Sunday line-up.
The midseason 2010 schedule meanwhile, is reserved for "House M.D." and "24" on Mondays, "American Idol" and new drama "Past Life" on Tuesdays, "Idol" result show and new show "Human Target" on Wednesdays, and "Sons of Tucson" on Sundays. The rest is planned to remain intact from the Fall schedule.
- 8 P.M. - "So You Think You Can Dance" - Performance Night
- 8 P.M. - "The Simpsons"
- 9 P.M. - "The Cleveland Show"
- 10 P.M. - "Family Guy"
- 10.30 P.M. - "American Dad"
More FOX News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung