JT Voted as 'Survivor: Tocantins' Winner
"Survivor" has picked a winner for its Tocantins edition. 24-year-old cattle rancher James Thomas Jr. aka JT beat Stephen Fishbach and was voted unanimously to be the last one standing, becoming the show's second unanimous winner.
His victory was topped up with the announcement that he is also the recipient of $100,000 in cash as a result of being a fan favorite. "I can't help it," JT said during the live reunion show in New York. "I'm happy - it's probably the happiest I've ever been in my life, obviously."
Stephen and JT had been bonding over the game because they "shared a brain, and have made every move of this game together." But the finale on Sunday, May 17 seemed to favor JT in every possible way. He won the two immunity idols and got all the seven votes at the final tribal council.
Out of the four finalists, Tamara was a goner first when JT and Stephen decided to pick Erinn for the final challenge. JT was later forced to pick between Erinn and his buddy Stephen, but he preferred to stay loyal and chose Stephen to be his final competition. There was a slight friction between the two guys later on with JT regretting risking $1 million to pick Stephen. "I just feel like a fool, man," he said at the New York reunion. However, host Jeff Probst read the votes one by one and revealed the true winner.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says