Zac Efron Quarantined for Swine Flu Scare
Touching down in Tokyo, Japan on Wednesday, May 13 to promote his movie "17 Again", Zac Efron had to be quarantined due to the budding swine flu epidemic. He reportedly was forced to wait an extra hour on the plane after landing in the country to get a clear state from paramedics.
During a press conference at Grand Hyatt on Thursday, May 14, he recalled the experience, saying "[A few people from the hospital] had what I guess was a heat sensing camera and they took pictures of us - everyone was different shades of yellow and orange and green, it was pretty funny." He was quick to add, "But I cleared and made it in. I'm okay!"
Speaking of his fans at the airport who greeted him with masks on their faces, Zac jokingly stated, "The [face] masks are awesome. They decorate them very creatively here and I think it kind of works, it's cool. The only downside is that I don't get to see their beautiful smiles!"
Zac Efron's "17 Again" is a movie about a middle-aged man named Mike who is given a second chance in life when he miraculously transformed back to the age of 17 only to figure out at the end what is really important in his life. It was released in U.S. theaters on April 17.
More Zac Efron News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding