Zac Efron Quarantined for Swine Flu Scare
Touching down in Tokyo, Japan on Wednesday, May 13 to promote his movie "17 Again", Zac Efron had to be quarantined due to the budding swine flu epidemic. He reportedly was forced to wait an extra hour on the plane after landing in the country to get a clear state from paramedics.
During a press conference at Grand Hyatt on Thursday, May 14, he recalled the experience, saying "[A few people from the hospital] had what I guess was a heat sensing camera and they took pictures of us - everyone was different shades of yellow and orange and green, it was pretty funny." He was quick to add, "But I cleared and made it in. I'm okay!"
Speaking of his fans at the airport who greeted him with masks on their faces, Zac jokingly stated, "The [face] masks are awesome. They decorate them very creatively here and I think it kind of works, it's cool. The only downside is that I don't get to see their beautiful smiles!"
Zac Efron's "17 Again" is a movie about a middle-aged man named Mike who is given a second chance in life when he miraculously transformed back to the age of 17 only to figure out at the end what is really important in his life. It was released in U.S. theaters on April 17.
More Zac Efron News
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards