Zac Efron Quarantined for Swine Flu Scare
Touching down in Tokyo, Japan on Wednesday, May 13 to promote his movie "17 Again", Zac Efron had to be quarantined due to the budding swine flu epidemic. He reportedly was forced to wait an extra hour on the plane after landing in the country to get a clear state from paramedics.
During a press conference at Grand Hyatt on Thursday, May 14, he recalled the experience, saying "[A few people from the hospital] had what I guess was a heat sensing camera and they took pictures of us - everyone was different shades of yellow and orange and green, it was pretty funny." He was quick to add, "But I cleared and made it in. I'm okay!"
Speaking of his fans at the airport who greeted him with masks on their faces, Zac jokingly stated, "The [face] masks are awesome. They decorate them very creatively here and I think it kind of works, it's cool. The only downside is that I don't get to see their beautiful smiles!"
Zac Efron's "17 Again" is a movie about a middle-aged man named Mike who is given a second chance in life when he miraculously transformed back to the age of 17 only to figure out at the end what is really important in his life. It was released in U.S. theaters on April 17.
More Zac Efron News
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'