Zac Efron Quarantined for Swine Flu Scare
Touching down in Tokyo, Japan on Wednesday, May 13 to promote his movie "17 Again", Zac Efron had to be quarantined due to the budding swine flu epidemic. He reportedly was forced to wait an extra hour on the plane after landing in the country to get a clear state from paramedics.
During a press conference at Grand Hyatt on Thursday, May 14, he recalled the experience, saying "[A few people from the hospital] had what I guess was a heat sensing camera and they took pictures of us - everyone was different shades of yellow and orange and green, it was pretty funny." He was quick to add, "But I cleared and made it in. I'm okay!"
Speaking of his fans at the airport who greeted him with masks on their faces, Zac jokingly stated, "The [face] masks are awesome. They decorate them very creatively here and I think it kind of works, it's cool. The only downside is that I don't get to see their beautiful smiles!"
Zac Efron's "17 Again" is a movie about a middle-aged man named Mike who is given a second chance in life when he miraculously transformed back to the age of 17 only to figure out at the end what is really important in his life. It was released in U.S. theaters on April 17.
More Zac Efron News
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares