'Scrubs' Locked for 9th Season With Zach Braff and Sarah Chalke
Talks are rive on the good chance "Scrubs" will get for a ninth season pick-up, although nothing has been set in stone yet. Moreover, original cast Zach Braff and Sarah Chalke are reportedly on board for at least six transitional episodes that may change its direction from single camera to multi-camera approach.
Others reportedly billed to return are John C. McGinley, Donald Faison and Neil Flynn. However, the three actors' participation in the series will depend on whether or not their other pilots are being picked next week. Faison and Flynn are both involved in ABC's "The Law" while McGinley is tied to CBS' "Back".
The news of "Scrubs" being renewed was first reported by Variety which also informed on the development of another ABC comedy "Samantha Who?". The sitcom starring Christina Applegate was on the verge of getting canceled due to low rating but the execs are figuring out a way to cut the budget.
According to "insiders", the execs would like to shoot the show in the similar way "How I Met Your Mother" is, soundstage with multiple cameras over the course of 4 days and without audience. This move is believed to save them up to $500,000.
ABC is expected to announce its series pickups in the coming weeks.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch