'Scrubs' Locked for 9th Season With Zach Braff and Sarah Chalke
Talks are rive on the good chance "Scrubs" will get for a ninth season pick-up, although nothing has been set in stone yet. Moreover, original cast Zach Braff and Sarah Chalke are reportedly on board for at least six transitional episodes that may change its direction from single camera to multi-camera approach.
Others reportedly billed to return are John C. McGinley, Donald Faison and Neil Flynn. However, the three actors' participation in the series will depend on whether or not their other pilots are being picked next week. Faison and Flynn are both involved in ABC's "The Law" while McGinley is tied to CBS' "Back".
The news of "Scrubs" being renewed was first reported by Variety which also informed on the development of another ABC comedy "Samantha Who?". The sitcom starring Christina Applegate was on the verge of getting canceled due to low rating but the execs are figuring out a way to cut the budget.
According to "insiders", the execs would like to shoot the show in the similar way "How I Met Your Mother" is, soundstage with multiple cameras over the course of 4 days and without audience. This move is believed to save them up to $500,000.
ABC is expected to announce its series pickups in the coming weeks.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'