Johnny Depp Could Be Martin Scorsese's 'Sinatra'
With director Martin Scorsese officially on board "Sinatra" biopic, casting rumor begins to fill the air as Johnny Depp is being linked to the lead role. Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily brings up the possibility to attention, reporting that Universal Pictures have put the name of the "Sweeney Todd" actor to the top of their list for the Frank Sinatra part.
According to Finke, Depp is seriously considered because the studio are impressed by his performance as legendary bank robber John Dillinger in the upcoming "Public Enemies". Adding more to the possibility of Depp manning the role, Finke notes that the lead actor playing Sinatra won't be required to sing.
If the story is indeed true, this will be the first collaboration between Johnny Depp and Martin Scorsese. So far, Universal will neither confirm nor deny the report. Depp's representative, on the other hand, claims that the report is untrue, as reported by Entertainment Weekly. In the meantime, it is reported that Scorsese himself already has an actor in mind for the film's lead, that is his longtime collaborator Leonardo DiCaprio.
"Sinatra" is a biopic based on the life of legendary entertainer Frank Sinatra. The movie, which script is provided by "Field of Dreams" writer/director Phil Alden Robinson, will feature Sinatra's own recordings. Universal Pictures and Mandalay Pictures have been quietly developing the project for two years before finally securing the life and music rights from Frank Sinatra Enterprises.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush