Rights to 'Terminator 5' Up for Grabs
The buzz around "Terminator Salvation" has run high ever since the movie was planned, but up to date its sequels, especially "Terminator 5", are yet to lock in any distributors. Of the matter, Variety reported that the "Terminator" franchise is the only film series which hasn't had distributors securing the rights to its follow-up movies.
The publication further noted that MGM have every intention of making a serious play for the franchise. Still, the studio are given a 30-day right of first refusal to finance and distribute the fifth "Terminator" film, a right earned through the settlement of a lawsuit between the studio and Halcyon partners Victor Kubicek and Derek Anderson. The 30-day right will begin once Halcyon delivers its demands to MGM along with a first draft of the screenplay for the fifth film.
Previously, MGM passed on "Terminator Salvation" reasoning that Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't set to return and that they had only an early script by "Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines" scribes John Brancato and Michael Ferris.
"Terminator Salvation" itself comes from McG, the man who directed "Charlie's Angels" and "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle". Written by Jonathan Nolan, John D. Brancato and Michael Ferris, it stars Christian Bale as John Connor and Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright. Moon Bloodgood, Common, Bryce Dallas Howard, Helena Bonham Carter and Anton Yelchin will also be seen among the cast ensemble. Warner Bros. will distribute this film in U.S. theaters on May 21.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked