Rights to 'Terminator 5' Up for Grabs
The buzz around "Terminator Salvation" has run high ever since the movie was planned, but up to date its sequels, especially "Terminator 5", are yet to lock in any distributors. Of the matter, Variety reported that the "Terminator" franchise is the only film series which hasn't had distributors securing the rights to its follow-up movies.
The publication further noted that MGM have every intention of making a serious play for the franchise. Still, the studio are given a 30-day right of first refusal to finance and distribute the fifth "Terminator" film, a right earned through the settlement of a lawsuit between the studio and Halcyon partners Victor Kubicek and Derek Anderson. The 30-day right will begin once Halcyon delivers its demands to MGM along with a first draft of the screenplay for the fifth film.
Previously, MGM passed on "Terminator Salvation" reasoning that Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't set to return and that they had only an early script by "Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines" scribes John Brancato and Michael Ferris.
"Terminator Salvation" itself comes from McG, the man who directed "Charlie's Angels" and "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle". Written by Jonathan Nolan, John D. Brancato and Michael Ferris, it stars Christian Bale as John Connor and Sam Worthington as Marcus Wright. Moon Bloodgood, Common, Bryce Dallas Howard, Helena Bonham Carter and Anton Yelchin will also be seen among the cast ensemble. Warner Bros. will distribute this film in U.S. theaters on May 21.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns