'The Biggest Loser: Couples 2' Winner Crowned
"The Biggest Loser" has crowned Helen Phillips as the winner in the second Couples edition. In the three-hour finale on Tuesday, May 12, viewers find out who becomes the third finalist, how the eliminated contestants of the season are doing and ultimately, who sheds the most body mass index (BMI) after 179 days.
Helen, a retired retail manager, entered the competition with her 29-year-old daughter Shanon Thomas. The 47-year-old started with 257 pounds and was trained by Bob before switching to Jillian. She lost 103 pounds while in campus and advanced through after winning an immunity challenge and took two week's biggest loser titles. In the end of the day, Helen lost 140 pounds which is 54.47% in total.
Helen's winning was almost challenged by Mike who lost an amazing 207 pounds. Mike was voted by America over his father Ron to be the third finalist alongside Helen and Tara. But he lost by 1.12%.
Helen was not the only winner on the finale, 63-year-old Jerry Hayes won the $100,000 at home prize. After going home, the eliminated contestants were expected to continue the goal to lose weight at home and Jerry successfully beat the others by shedding 177 pounds.
Additionally, viewers were encouraged to pick between two women who vie for the last spot of next season's "The Biggest Loser". Erin, 239 pounds, is ashamed of her weight and lost a boyfriend because of that. Amanda, 257 pounds, is only 19-years-old and wants to go to her prom night confident with her weight.
"The Biggest Loser: Couples 2" Final Weigh In:
- Helen, 257 lbs, now 117 lbs, -140 lbs, 54.47%
- Mike, 388 lbs, now 181 lbs, -207 lbs, 53.35%
- Tara, 294 lbs, now 139, -155 lbs, 52.72%
- Jerry, 369 lbs, now 192 lbs, -177 lbs, 47.97%
- Kristin, 360 lbs, now 193 lbs, -167 lbs, 46.39%
- Nicole, 269 lbs, now 146 lbs, -123 lbs, 45.72%
- Ron, 430 lbs, now 238 lbs, -192 lbs, 44.65%
- Sione, 372 lbs, now 226 lbs, -146 lbs, 39.25%
- Dane, 412 lbs, now 258 lbs, -154 lbs, 37.38%
- Filipe, 364 lbs, now 229 lbs, -135 lbs, 37.09%
- Damian, 381 lbs, now 245 lbs, -136 lbs, 35.7%
- Mandi, 263 lbs, now 171 lbs, -92 lbs, 34.98%
- Estella, 232 lbs, now 159 lbs, -83 lbs, 34.3%
- Carla, 379 lbs, now 251 lbs, -128 lbs, 33.77%
- Shannon, 283 lbs, now 191 lbs, -92 lbs, 32.51%
- Cathy, 293 lbs, now 198 lbs, -95 lbs, 32.42%
- Blaine, 365 lbs, now 249 lbs, -116 lbs, 31.78%
- Daniel, 454 lbs, now 312 lbs, -142 lbs, 31.28%
- Laura, 285 lbs, now 199 lbs, -86 lbs, 30.18%
- Joelle, 309 lbs, now 229 lbs, -80 lbs, 25.89%
- Aubrey, 249 lbs, now 194, -55 lbs, 22.09%
- David, 393 lbs, now 250 lbs, -43 lbs, 10.94%
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off