Judd Apatow Talks Mini-Movies Inside 'Funny People'
"Funny People" will feature a bunch of faux films starring Adam Sandler's George Simmons. To MTV, Judd Apatow, the director/producer/writer of this upcoming comedy revealed some of the mini-movies to be expected, gushing that some of it will even have footage shown.
The first fake film will be called "My Best Friend is a Robot" and features Owen Wilson as the robot. "There's a poster in his house from a movie called 'My Best Friend is a Robot,' and Owen is the robot," Apatow shared. He then pointed out on another film, saying "There's also a movie called 'Redux,' where [Simmons] turns into a baby."
The producer of "Superbad" furthermore described that "Redux" is a cross between "Little Man" and "17 Again". "It's kind of like '17 Again,' except he becomes a six month old baby," he said. "It's Adam's head, but on a baby's body. It's really funny. We actually shot a couple scenes from it."
On the third movie, he mentioned that Elizabeth Banks will be making a cameo. "[Simmons] made a romantic comedy called 'Mistake' with Elizabeth Banks," he explained. "There's all sorts of posters, some we shot scenes for." And, for the last one, he claimed, "There's a movie called 'Mer-man,' that he's in as well. I've heard they already sold ['Mer-man'] to be a real movie after we made it as a joke."
Telling the story of a comedian who has a near-death experience, "Funny People" is the latest comedy movie from Judd Apatow. It pairs up Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen with Leslie Mann, Eric Bana, Jason Schwartzman and Jonah Hill amongst the cast ensemble. It is set to hit U.S. theaters on July 31.
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill