Keanu Reeves Gets Hold of 'Jekyll'
"Jekyll" will be another project placed under Keanu Reeves's sleeves. Having been recruited to play Spike Spiegel in upcoming "Cowboy Bebop", the 44-year-old is now attached to star in this modern retelling of Robert Louis Stevenson's "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde".
In this classic tale adaptation, the actor who was last seen in the big screen playing alien messenger, Klaatu, in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is given the task to portray both Dr. Jekyll and his evil split personality side, Mr. Hyde. He will be working using the script written by "Revolutionary Road" scribe Justin Haythe.
"Jekyll" will be developed by Universal Pictures with Erwin Stoff and Red Wagon Entertainment's Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher serving as producers. Nicolas Winding Refn is in negotiations to direct the project. Though Universal also seek to make a version of this film with director Guillermo del Toro, the two films will be completely different, especially since Del Toro's version will follow the Stevenson tale more closely.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal