Keanu Reeves Gets Hold of 'Jekyll'
"Jekyll" will be another project placed under Keanu Reeves's sleeves. Having been recruited to play Spike Spiegel in upcoming "Cowboy Bebop", the 44-year-old is now attached to star in this modern retelling of Robert Louis Stevenson's "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde".
In this classic tale adaptation, the actor who was last seen in the big screen playing alien messenger, Klaatu, in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is given the task to portray both Dr. Jekyll and his evil split personality side, Mr. Hyde. He will be working using the script written by "Revolutionary Road" scribe Justin Haythe.
"Jekyll" will be developed by Universal Pictures with Erwin Stoff and Red Wagon Entertainment's Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher serving as producers. Nicolas Winding Refn is in negotiations to direct the project. Though Universal also seek to make a version of this film with director Guillermo del Toro, the two films will be completely different, especially since Del Toro's version will follow the Stevenson tale more closely.
More Jekyll News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die