Keanu Reeves Gets Hold of 'Jekyll'
"Jekyll" will be another project placed under Keanu Reeves's sleeves. Having been recruited to play Spike Spiegel in upcoming "Cowboy Bebop", the 44-year-old is now attached to star in this modern retelling of Robert Louis Stevenson's "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde".
In this classic tale adaptation, the actor who was last seen in the big screen playing alien messenger, Klaatu, in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is given the task to portray both Dr. Jekyll and his evil split personality side, Mr. Hyde. He will be working using the script written by "Revolutionary Road" scribe Justin Haythe.
"Jekyll" will be developed by Universal Pictures with Erwin Stoff and Red Wagon Entertainment's Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher serving as producers. Nicolas Winding Refn is in negotiations to direct the project. Though Universal also seek to make a version of this film with director Guillermo del Toro, the two films will be completely different, especially since Del Toro's version will follow the Stevenson tale more closely.
More Jekyll News
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role