Keanu Reeves Gets Hold of 'Jekyll'
"Jekyll" will be another project placed under Keanu Reeves's sleeves. Having been recruited to play Spike Spiegel in upcoming "Cowboy Bebop", the 44-year-old is now attached to star in this modern retelling of Robert Louis Stevenson's "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde".
In this classic tale adaptation, the actor who was last seen in the big screen playing alien messenger, Klaatu, in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is given the task to portray both Dr. Jekyll and his evil split personality side, Mr. Hyde. He will be working using the script written by "Revolutionary Road" scribe Justin Haythe.
"Jekyll" will be developed by Universal Pictures with Erwin Stoff and Red Wagon Entertainment's Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher serving as producers. Nicolas Winding Refn is in negotiations to direct the project. Though Universal also seek to make a version of this film with director Guillermo del Toro, the two films will be completely different, especially since Del Toro's version will follow the Stevenson tale more closely.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'