Keanu Reeves Gets Hold of 'Jekyll'
"Jekyll" will be another project placed under Keanu Reeves's sleeves. Having been recruited to play Spike Spiegel in upcoming "Cowboy Bebop", the 44-year-old is now attached to star in this modern retelling of Robert Louis Stevenson's "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde".
In this classic tale adaptation, the actor who was last seen in the big screen playing alien messenger, Klaatu, in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is given the task to portray both Dr. Jekyll and his evil split personality side, Mr. Hyde. He will be working using the script written by "Revolutionary Road" scribe Justin Haythe.
"Jekyll" will be developed by Universal Pictures with Erwin Stoff and Red Wagon Entertainment's Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher serving as producers. Nicolas Winding Refn is in negotiations to direct the project. Though Universal also seek to make a version of this film with director Guillermo del Toro, the two films will be completely different, especially since Del Toro's version will follow the Stevenson tale more closely.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed