The White Stripes' Meg White Engaged to Marry
Meg White of rock band The White Stripes is engaged and will marry sometime this year. The female musician, who serves as the music act's drummer, is engaged to rocker boyfriend Jackson Smith. According to The Detroit Free Press, the twosome who has been living together in her Detroit house was engaged earlier this year.
A publicist for The White Stripes, Chloe Walsh, confirms Meg and Jackson have been engaged and will tie the knot later this year. Chloe, however, doesn't provide any other details of the couple's wedding plans. Meanwhile, words are mounting that they will wed in Nashville, Tennessee on May 22.
Should the report is to be believed, the wedding will be the second for Meg and the first for Jackson, who is the son of punk singer Patti Smith and MC5 guitarist Fred Smith. Meg previously was married to fellow bandmate Jack White in 1996, but they divorced in 2000. Both Meg and Jackson have not yet commented on the wedding report though.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service