Rep Confirms Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard's Weekend Wedding
A representative for Maggie Gyllenhaal confirms the actress has wed her actor fiance Peter Sarsgaard over the weekend. In a statement exclusively issued to US Weekly, the representative said, "We are happy to confirm that Maggie and Peter were married on Saturday, May 2."
No other details of the celebrity couple's wedding have been made public though. According to previous reports, both of them tied the knot at a small chapel at luxury hotel Masseria in Brindisi, which is in the Puglia region of Italy. Maggie's actor brother Jake Gyllenhaal and his girlfriend Reese Witherspoon were said attending the wedding.
Dating since 2002, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard publicly announced their engagement in April 2006. The twosome is parents to 2-year-old daughter Ramona.
News of their wedding plans was first made public by New York Post last week. At that time, the publication reported the twosome would tie the knot in a sun-kissed Mediterranean ceremony during the second weekend of May.
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch