Rep Confirms Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard's Weekend Wedding
A representative for Maggie Gyllenhaal confirms the actress has wed her actor fiance Peter Sarsgaard over the weekend. In a statement exclusively issued to US Weekly, the representative said, "We are happy to confirm that Maggie and Peter were married on Saturday, May 2."
No other details of the celebrity couple's wedding have been made public though. According to previous reports, both of them tied the knot at a small chapel at luxury hotel Masseria in Brindisi, which is in the Puglia region of Italy. Maggie's actor brother Jake Gyllenhaal and his girlfriend Reese Witherspoon were said attending the wedding.
Dating since 2002, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard publicly announced their engagement in April 2006. The twosome is parents to 2-year-old daughter Ramona.
News of their wedding plans was first made public by New York Post last week. At that time, the publication reported the twosome would tie the knot in a sun-kissed Mediterranean ceremony during the second weekend of May.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle