Rep Confirms Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard's Weekend Wedding
A representative for Maggie Gyllenhaal confirms the actress has wed her actor fiance Peter Sarsgaard over the weekend. In a statement exclusively issued to US Weekly, the representative said, "We are happy to confirm that Maggie and Peter were married on Saturday, May 2."
No other details of the celebrity couple's wedding have been made public though. According to previous reports, both of them tied the knot at a small chapel at luxury hotel Masseria in Brindisi, which is in the Puglia region of Italy. Maggie's actor brother Jake Gyllenhaal and his girlfriend Reese Witherspoon were said attending the wedding.
Dating since 2002, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard publicly announced their engagement in April 2006. The twosome is parents to 2-year-old daughter Ramona.
News of their wedding plans was first made public by New York Post last week. At that time, the publication reported the twosome would tie the knot in a sun-kissed Mediterranean ceremony during the second weekend of May.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics