Paula Abdul Offers Condolences for David Cook and Family
Hot on the heels of David Cook's public announcement of his brother Adam Cook's death after 11-year struggle with brain cancer, "American Idol" judge Paula Abdul offers her condolences for the singer. "Adam Cook was a part of our extended American Idol family who supported his brother wholeheartedly, even through his own fight. My heart goes out not only to David, but his family as well," she says in a statement issued to People.
Fellow "American Idol" judge, Simon Cowell has also expressed his sympathy. "I was incredibly saddened to hear the news," he tells People. "I met Adam Cook a few times at 'American Idol.' He was an incredible guy, and right now my thoughts are with David and his family."
Adam Cook, the older brother of "American Idol" 7th season winner David Cook, passed away on Saturday, May 2 in Terre Haute, Indiana after losing to his 11-year struggle with brain cancer which reportedly had spread to his spine. He was 36, and is survived by wife Kendra, 7-year-old son, and 6-year-old daughter.
Back in April last year, Adam, who worked as a lawyer, flew from his home state to Los Angeles amid chemotherapy treatment to watch David performing on Idol stage. Residents of his hometown raised $45,000 so that he could be flown in with the proper medical care. At that time, David sang his rendition of Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby."
David himself announced Adam's death while attending the 12th Annual Race for Hope 5K event in Washington, D.C. on Sunday, May 3. Serving as the event's honorary chairman, he and his team raised more the $97,000 for the cause, which is aimed to raise benefit for brain cancer research.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism