Kelis Files for Divorce From Nas
Expectant celebrity parents, Kelis and Nas, are divorcing. Vibe.com, which is the first to run the story, claims that Kelis had her attorney Laura Wasser filing for the legal papers on Thursday, April 30, citing irreconcilable differences for their separation.
Soon after report of the couple's split was covered by the media, Laura issued a public statement, saying "I can confirm that she has filed for divorce. We request the media to respect her privacy during this very difficult time." In the meantime, there hasn't been any single statement made by Nas or his people regarding Kelis' divorce petition.
Giving additional details of Kelis and Nas' separation is TMZ, which claims the pair has been separated in the last two weeks. It, furthermore, reports that Kelis is asking for spousal support and child support in addition to seeking the joint legal and physical custody of their unborn child.
Kelis and Nas, who have been married since January 2005, currently are waiting for the birth of their first child, a baby boy. She is seven months pregnant with the infant. As for Nas, he has one daughter, named Destiny, from a previous relationship.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back
- Future Flaunts Million-Dollar Chains in Flashy 'Super Trapper' Music Video
- Kanye West Is Begging Kim Kardashian to Stop Doing Plastic Surgery
- Bonjour! Emma Watson Sings 'Belle' in New 'Beauty and the Beast' Clip