Kelis Files for Divorce From Nas
Expectant celebrity parents, Kelis and Nas, are divorcing. Vibe.com, which is the first to run the story, claims that Kelis had her attorney Laura Wasser filing for the legal papers on Thursday, April 30, citing irreconcilable differences for their separation.
Soon after report of the couple's split was covered by the media, Laura issued a public statement, saying "I can confirm that she has filed for divorce. We request the media to respect her privacy during this very difficult time." In the meantime, there hasn't been any single statement made by Nas or his people regarding Kelis' divorce petition.
Giving additional details of Kelis and Nas' separation is TMZ, which claims the pair has been separated in the last two weeks. It, furthermore, reports that Kelis is asking for spousal support and child support in addition to seeking the joint legal and physical custody of their unborn child.
Kelis and Nas, who have been married since January 2005, currently are waiting for the birth of their first child, a baby boy. She is seven months pregnant with the infant. As for Nas, he has one daughter, named Destiny, from a previous relationship.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo