2009 Prism Awards Winners in TV
Honoring TV shows and actors for accurately portraying the issue of mental health and addiction, Prism Awards gives out the names of the recipients. Dana Delany grabs the top honor for her performance as Katherine in "Desperate Housewives" while William Shatner takes the same honor in opposite gender for his portrayal of Denny in "Boston Legal".
Also praised for their performance are Benjamin Bratt who played a recovering drug addict in A&E's "The Cleaner" and Chandra Wilson for her role as Yvonne Caldwell in Hallmark Original Movie "Accidental Friendship". Awards are given out in a ceremony which will be aired on FX Network on September 26 as part of National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month.
TV shows honored at the event are "Boston Legal," "Breaking Bad", "King of the Hill", "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and "The Office". Also included are miniseries "Sybil" and the syndicated talk show "Dr. Phil."
"In these difficult economic times, when many of us know someone in our lives touched by these issues, the stories we honor with Prism Awards have shown great sensitivity toward those who are experiencing addiction, substance abuse and other mental-health problems," Entertainment Industries Council chief Brian Dyak said.
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says
- Joe Biden to Guest Star on 'Law and Order: SVU'. Get the First Look
- Listen to Pink and Kenny Chesney's New Song 'Setting the World on Fire'
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Pregnant, Close Friend Hofit Golan Confirms
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Already Planning for Third Baby
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album