Enrique Iglesias Gets Six Kudos at 2009 Billboard Latin Music Awards
Those who got kudos at the 20th Annual Billboard Latin Music Awards have been uncovered, and Enrique Iglesias was one of the singers walking out with the honor. The winners were announced during a ceremony taking place at Eden Roc Resort in Miami, Florida on April 23.
Out of the eight nominations that he got for the awards, Enrigue triumphantly brought home six prizes. He received Hot Latin Song of the Year, Latin Album of the Year, Top Latin Album of the Year Male, Latin Pop Airplay Song of the Year Male, Latin Pop Album of the Year Solo and Greatest Hits/Compilation.
Other winners at the event included Aventura, Ivy Queen and Wisin & Yandel. Aventura bagged four awards, and Ivy got two honors. As for Wisin & Yandel, the Puerto Rican reggaeton group managed to grab one trophy for Latin Rhythm Album of the Year Duo or Group.
Beside honoring most popular albums, songs and performers in Latin music, the event also handed out several special awards. Lifetime Achievement went to Carlos Santana, and Spirit of Hope was given to Daddy Yankee. Furthermore, Pablo Raul Alarcon, SR. was inducted to its Hall of Fame.
2009 Billboard Latin Music Awards was hosted by actress Aylin Mujica and broadcaster Alan Tacher. Musical guests at the event were Akon, Don Omar as well as the awards' recipients, Enrique Iglesias, Aventura and Wisin & Yandel. Complete winners list of the awards can be checked on BillboardEvents.com.
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'