'The Soloist' Went to L.A. for Premiere
A week short of its theatrical debut, "The Soloist" has gone to Los Angeles for a premiere. The special screening event took place Monday, April 20 at Paramount Theatre in Hollywood and was attended by many Hollywood stars as well as the two people whose story is being picked up in the movie, Nathaniel Ayers and Los Angeles Times columnist Steve Lopez.
Also seen walking down the red carpet on the occasion were most of the film's cast. They included leading men, Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr., and cast members, Catherine Keener, Kirsten Lea, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Nelsan Ellis, Justin Martin and Stephen Root. Writer Susannah Grant, music technical consultant Ben Hong and producer Russ Krasnoff were present as well.
Joining them on the special night were other celebrity guests. Actors, Halle Berry, Jena Malone, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Neal McDonough, Tom Arnold, Lance Gross and Keith Robinson, and Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra musical director Esa-Pekka Salonen were among those guests spotted.
"The Soloist" tells the story of Steve Lopez, a journalist in the middle of writer's block, and Nathaniel Ayers, a musician who lost his way. It follows Lopez as he discovers an amazing talent, Ayers, on the streets of downtown Los Angeles. Finding out that Ayers is actually a musical prodigy specializing in playing the violin and the cello but becomes homeless after developing schizophrenia during his second year at Juilliard School, he decides to write about him.
This feature film about the redemptive power of music comes from the director of "Pride and Prejudice" and "Atonement", Joe Wright. DreamWorks Pictures will distribute this film in theaters across the U.S. on April 24.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?