'The Soloist' Went to L.A. for Premiere
A week short of its theatrical debut, "The Soloist" has gone to Los Angeles for a premiere. The special screening event took place Monday, April 20 at Paramount Theatre in Hollywood and was attended by many Hollywood stars as well as the two people whose story is being picked up in the movie, Nathaniel Ayers and Los Angeles Times columnist Steve Lopez.
Also seen walking down the red carpet on the occasion were most of the film's cast. They included leading men, Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr., and cast members, Catherine Keener, Kirsten Lea, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Nelsan Ellis, Justin Martin and Stephen Root. Writer Susannah Grant, music technical consultant Ben Hong and producer Russ Krasnoff were present as well.
Joining them on the special night were other celebrity guests. Actors, Halle Berry, Jena Malone, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Neal McDonough, Tom Arnold, Lance Gross and Keith Robinson, and Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra musical director Esa-Pekka Salonen were among those guests spotted.
"The Soloist" tells the story of Steve Lopez, a journalist in the middle of writer's block, and Nathaniel Ayers, a musician who lost his way. It follows Lopez as he discovers an amazing talent, Ayers, on the streets of downtown Los Angeles. Finding out that Ayers is actually a musical prodigy specializing in playing the violin and the cello but becomes homeless after developing schizophrenia during his second year at Juilliard School, he decides to write about him.
This feature film about the redemptive power of music comes from the director of "Pride and Prejudice" and "Atonement", Joe Wright. DreamWorks Pictures will distribute this film in theaters across the U.S. on April 24.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie