No Sequel to 'My Bloody Valentine 3-D'
Despite its surprising box office success upon its release, "My Bloody Valentine 3-D" won't be getting a sequel treatment. Breaking the news, as reported by Shock Till You Drop, was the horror remake's director, Patrick Lussier, himself during his panel at the Fangoria Weekend of Horrors in Los Angeles.
On the occasion, the filmmaker who serves as visual consultant on Jessica Alba-starring "The Eye" reportedly claimed that Lionsgate "has no intention of developing a sequel at all". It is further noted that the studio prefer to leave the remake film, which has scored big in its opening week with $21.2 million, as a one-shot deal.
"My Bloody Valentine 3-D" itself is a horror thriller movie directed by "Scream" editor Patrick Lussier. Starring Jensen Ackles, Jaime King, Kerr Smith and Edi Gathegi, it centers on Tom Hanniger. Ten years after he caused the terrible accident in the coal miner that led to the brutal murder of twenty-two people by Harry Warden, he returns to Harmony on Valentine's Day.
Haunted by the death of the innocent people, Hanniger tries to make amends with his past. But, his attempt to find peace is about to be disturbed as a killer who dons a miner mask and is armed with a pickaxe returns. The Lionsgate horror movie has been scripted by Zane Smith and produced by Jack Murray. It has hit the theaters across the U.S. on January 16, while its DVD and Blu-ray will be available in stores on May 19.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video