Two 'Lovely Bones' Photos Come Out
First two photos of "The Lovely Bones" have made their way out, presenting the first look at the Peter Jackson-directed and co-written feature film. One which captures Stanley Tucci's George Harvey in front of miniatures was posted at USA Today, while the other which gives out a glimpse at Saoirse Ronan's Susie Salmon in what is said to be a place between Earth and heaven came out in courtesy of Empire.
In addition to the photo, USA Today also posted what Jackson has to say about the movie. "I found the book to be curiously optimistic," Jackson wrote in an e-mail from New Zealand. "I felt inspired by Susie's struggle to come to terms with her own death. In the face of overwhelming grief, she finds hope. She holds on to love, and by doing so, she transcends the horror of her murder."
"It's God-less in the sense that when Susie dies, she finds herself caught in a place between Earth and heaven - she is in an 'In-Between'," the filmmaker furthermore continued. He then added that when the girl moves on, "we're happy for audiences to imagine this new world in whatever way makes them comfortable."
Adapted from Alice Sebold's best-selling novel, "Bones" picks up the story of Susie Salmon, a young girl who is raped and murdered by her serial killer neighbor. As her spirit reaches heaven, she can only see her family's grief from a distance while her murderer sets his eyes on another victim. Torn apart from her desire to seek revenge and willingness to help her family recover from the tragedy, she struggles to balance the two mixed feeling. The movie sees Saoirse Ronan, Stanley Tucci, Rachel Weisz, Mark Wahlberg and Susan Sarandon as the cast ensemble.
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick