'Star Trek' Beaming Down in Sydney for World Premiere
A world premiere gala for the highly anticipated "Star Trek" has been held by Paramount Pictures in Sydney, Australia. Taking place at Sydney Opera House's legendary Concert Hall Tuesday, April 7, the special screening event has been attended by many of the people behind the eleventh feature installment of the famous sci-fi series.
Beaming down in attendance were some of the movie stars, including Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Eric Bana, Karl Urban and John Cho. Most of them were seen displaying a sleek appearance by wearing black suits. Joining them on the red carpet were director J.J. Abrams and producer Bryan Burk.
In addition to the star and crew of "Star Trek", the world premiere was also attended by several guest celebrities. Australian media personalities, Mark Beretta and Rove McManus, 2008 Miss Australia Laura Dundovic, and "Australia's Next Top Model" judge Charlotte Dawson were among those guests.
Earlier, Abrams explained why he chose Down Under as the world premiere location. "The idea was to try and do a big launch in a place that was exotically beautiful and noteworthy," he said as quoted by The Epoch Times. "I've been here only once before and loved it, and when they were throwing around the names of different places I was very excited to come back. Part of it is, on a number of our parts, selfish."
"Star Trek" will chronicle the early days of James T. Kirk and his fellow U.S.S. Enterprise crew members during their time at Starfleet Academy. The movie scripted by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman will begin with the time Federation starship U.S.S. Kelvin is being attacked by a vicious Romulan. It will speed up to the big screen across the U.S. on May 8.
Photo credit: Gaye Gerard/Image.net
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic