Video: Keira Knightley Assaulted by Boyfriend in Domestic Violence PSA
Talks on domestic violence have been mounting soon after Chris Brown's attack on Rihanna in February was made public, and Keira Knightley is one of the many Hollywood celebs who takes aim at the issue by starring in a new anti-violence public service announcement (PSA). In the more-than-two-minute clip, the movie beauty is seen heading home from filming. Once she gets home, her boyfriend verbally and physically attacks her because he is suspicious of her having an affair with a co-star.
Keira's on-screen boyfriend, whose face isn't shown, is seen in the PSA throwing clothes at her face before then slapping her until she falls to the floor. He then pulls her hair out, throws her body back to the floor, and repeatedly kicks her body.
At the end of the clip, it is revealed that the PSA is taken in an empty film set. "Atonement" director Joe Wright directs the PSA for the U.K. domestic abuse charity Women's Aid. The PSA will be aired in movie theaters starting from April 6.
Actively supporting anti-domestic violence issue, Keira Knightley is quoted as saying, "I wanted to take place in this advert for Women's Aid because while domestic violence exists in every section of society, we rarely hear about it. We may not think we know someone who has experienced domestic violence, but this does not mean that it is not happening."
"Domestic violence affects one in four women at some point in their lifetime and kills two women every week. Without the services provided by Women's Aid, many more women could be at risk of being killed-yet without donations, the charity may not exist this time next year," she adds.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce