Video: Keira Knightley Assaulted by Boyfriend in Domestic Violence PSA
Talks on domestic violence have been mounting soon after Chris Brown's attack on Rihanna in February was made public, and Keira Knightley is one of the many Hollywood celebs who takes aim at the issue by starring in a new anti-violence public service announcement (PSA). In the more-than-two-minute clip, the movie beauty is seen heading home from filming. Once she gets home, her boyfriend verbally and physically attacks her because he is suspicious of her having an affair with a co-star.
Keira's on-screen boyfriend, whose face isn't shown, is seen in the PSA throwing clothes at her face before then slapping her until she falls to the floor. He then pulls her hair out, throws her body back to the floor, and repeatedly kicks her body.
At the end of the clip, it is revealed that the PSA is taken in an empty film set. "Atonement" director Joe Wright directs the PSA for the U.K. domestic abuse charity Women's Aid. The PSA will be aired in movie theaters starting from April 6.
Actively supporting anti-domestic violence issue, Keira Knightley is quoted as saying, "I wanted to take place in this advert for Women's Aid because while domestic violence exists in every section of society, we rarely hear about it. We may not think we know someone who has experienced domestic violence, but this does not mean that it is not happening."
"Domestic violence affects one in four women at some point in their lifetime and kills two women every week. Without the services provided by Women's Aid, many more women could be at risk of being killed-yet without donations, the charity may not exist this time next year," she adds.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'