Two Brothers in 'Vampire Diaries' Pilot Cast
The CW's "Vampire Diaries" is taking shape with the casting of two actors. PFC Logan Atwater of "Army Wives", Paul Wesley, has signed for the role of Stefan while Ian Somerhalder who played Boone in "Lost" has struck a deal to fill in for Damon.
Stefan and Damon Salvatore are vampire brothers who have Elena Gilbert (played by Nina Dobrev) as their object of passion. The 200-year-old Stefan is described as "gloriously, amazingly, epically beautiful young man" who has a strong connection with Elena. Damon meanwhile is an older brother who can go from playful to evil in a split second.
"Vampire Diaries" is based on LJane Smith's series of novel which first book "The Awakening" was published in 1991.
Also on board the project which is developed by Warner Bros TV, are Zach Roerig who will play Elena's ex-boyfriend Matt Honeycutt, Kayla Ewell who plays Matt's sister and Steven R. McQueen.
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball