Two Brothers in 'Vampire Diaries' Pilot Cast
The CW's "Vampire Diaries" is taking shape with the casting of two actors. PFC Logan Atwater of "Army Wives", Paul Wesley, has signed for the role of Stefan while Ian Somerhalder who played Boone in "Lost" has struck a deal to fill in for Damon.
Stefan and Damon Salvatore are vampire brothers who have Elena Gilbert (played by Nina Dobrev) as their object of passion. The 200-year-old Stefan is described as "gloriously, amazingly, epically beautiful young man" who has a strong connection with Elena. Damon meanwhile is an older brother who can go from playful to evil in a split second.
"Vampire Diaries" is based on LJane Smith's series of novel which first book "The Awakening" was published in 1991.
Also on board the project which is developed by Warner Bros TV, are Zach Roerig who will play Elena's ex-boyfriend Matt Honeycutt, Kayla Ewell who plays Matt's sister and Steven R. McQueen.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones