'Twilight' Star Nikki Reed Talks Transgender Role in 'K-11'
Stopping by MTV recently, Nikki Reed gave time to talk about "K-11", Jules Mann-Stewart-directed drama in which she will portray a transgender woman. "K-11 is where they basically put people who wouldn't survive in the general population," the actress who plays Rosalie Hale in "Twilight" detailed what the movie is all about. "Sometimes celebrities, people who are HIV-positive, people who have raped or beaten children - any of those things."
She then continued explaining about what her character, Mousey, is going through. "My character is a male prostitute, and he goes in and out of the jail because it is comfortable to have a place to sleep and recoup and relax and have food and shelter - [when he] gets sent back out, there is a lot of underground drug stuff that is going on. [K-11] is a world in itself," she said.
On the difficulties portraying the part, Reed spilled, "There'll be a lot of prosthetics, makeup. I thought it was difficult stepping into Rosalie [Hale]'s shoes! It's gonna be a lot more difficult stepping into Mousey's shoes." She added, "I don't really have the most androgynous look, so that is going to be interesting. ... I was born a man, but I never felt like a man - I always knew that I was a woman. I just was born with the wrong body parts."
On the occasion, the "Thirteen" actress also opened up about Kristen Stewart's transformation. "[Stewart] doesn't have the same level of physical transformation as me, but she definitely came to the table with a plethora of ideas ... her character doesn't have facial hair or an Adam's apple [because] she is playing more of a boy," so she explained.
"K-11" will be the directorial debut-vehicle for Kristen Stewart's mother, Jules Mann-Stewart. It will tell the story behind the most bizarre unit in all of L.A. county lock-up, which houses transvestites, transsexuals, and the occasional high profile celebrity. To be shot this summer during a brief break between "The Twilight Saga's New Moon" and "Eclipse", it stars Jason Mewes, Kristen Stewart and Nikki Reed.
- Katy Perry Calls on Taylor Swift to End Longtime Feud: 'It's Time for Her to Finish It'
- 'In Hysterics,' Ariana Grande Suspends World Tour After Terrorist Bombing at Manchester Gig
- Blake Lively Nearly Spills Out of Her Stunning Neon Gown at the Ballet
- Ariana Grande Is 'Broken' After Deadly Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Major Lazer Previews Travis Scott, Quavo and Camila Cabello Collaboration During Alabama Show
- Kourtney Kardashian Never Gets Serious With Younes Bendjima as He's Just Her Fling
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?