Artist of the Week: Slim Thug
Slim Thug, who gained mainstream attention for his contribution to Mike Jones' 2005 song "Still Tippin'", has finished his recording sessions for his second solo studio album "Boss of All Bosses". He will drop the new effort in U.S. stores on March 24.
Before "Boss of All Bosses" hits the market, a listening party has been exclusively held by MySpace earlier this month. And as of press time, several tracks in the new album, including the first single "I Run", can be streamed for free on his MySpace.
In an interview with DJ Booth, Slim shares on what his new work is all about. "I kinda went back to my roots, as far as the production and the other artists I worked with. I really just made [H-Town anthems]. I want to bring the city back," he says.
"I really tried to cover all our bases, though. I worked with almost everybody in the city," Slim continues explaining. "I've got one song called, 'Welcome to H-Town'. I've got everybody in the city: new artists, old artists, all kinds of people. I got to work with legends like Scarface and UGK. So it's good, man."
In addition to joining forces with Scarface and UGK in the new album, Slim has also teamed up with big Hip-Hop/R&B singers such as Mannie Fresh, Chamillionaire, Mike Jones and Akon. Meanwhile, rapper Jim Jonsin and DJ/music producer StreetRunner are among those tapped to produce the effort.
On the particular day when "Boss of All Bosses" is dropped, Slim Thug will be making live appearances at "106 & Park" in New York and at Club Level in Houston, Texas. He will also attend a signing event on March 26 in Arlington. More details on his upcoming shows can be checked on his MySpace.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences