'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' Set for 2010 Release
A release date has been fixed on "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". On Thursday, March 19, Walt Disney Pictures have announced that they have added the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced family adventure to their 2010 calendar, scheduling it to be officially released in theaters across the U.S. on July 16, 2010.
Placing it on July 16 release, the mouse house have placed this live-action feature film in a head-to-head battle for the box office with Christopher Nolan-directed sci-fi action "Inception". With the date, "Apprentice" becomes Disney's third movie to be released in 2010 after "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" is set for May 28, 2010 and "Toy Story 3" for June 18, 2010.
At the same time Disney announced "Apprentice" schedule, they also revealed the date shifting they have done to their another upcoming movie, "The Proposal". The romantic comedy starring Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds has been pushed back from June 12, 2009 to June 19, 2009. The date change puts it out of the way of "The Taking of Pelham 123", but in competition with "Year One".
Based on the popular "Sorcerer's Apprentice" segment in Disney's animated film "Fantasia", "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" will tell the story of an apprentice, played by Jay Baruchel, who is left to tend to a magic workshop when his sorcerer master, portrayed by Nicolas Cage, leaves it in his hands. Trying to make his job easier he gets a broomstick to do the chores for him, but he finds himself in trouble when the broom develops a mind of its own.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!