President Obama and Russell Brand Wanted in Springfield
"The Simpsons" had successfully secured a guest starring spot from former Prime Minister Tony Blair in 2003 but can it nab a favor from Barack Obama? The long-running FOX animated series has eyed the running U.S. President to join the show, providing voice for his cartoon character.
Should Obama agrees to this, then he will be the first president to appear on the show while in office. "We'd love to have Barack on the show," executive producers James L Brooks and Al Jean told The Sun's TV Biz. "No president has agreed to do it yet but we'll keep asking. We're putting all the right signals out."
The producers also want "very funny" British comedian Russell Brand who claimed his fame through "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and being the host for 2008 MTV Video Music Awards. "I would definitely be interested in writing an episode around him," Al said.
Not only that, the execs are crossing fingers for an appearance by ex-U.S. President George W. Bush.
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip