President Obama and Russell Brand Wanted in Springfield
"The Simpsons" had successfully secured a guest starring spot from former Prime Minister Tony Blair in 2003 but can it nab a favor from Barack Obama? The long-running FOX animated series has eyed the running U.S. President to join the show, providing voice for his cartoon character.
Should Obama agrees to this, then he will be the first president to appear on the show while in office. "We'd love to have Barack on the show," executive producers James L Brooks and Al Jean told The Sun's TV Biz. "No president has agreed to do it yet but we'll keep asking. We're putting all the right signals out."
The producers also want "very funny" British comedian Russell Brand who claimed his fame through "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and being the host for 2008 MTV Video Music Awards. "I would definitely be interested in writing an episode around him," Al said.
Not only that, the execs are crossing fingers for an appearance by ex-U.S. President George W. Bush.
More The Simpsons News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story