President Obama and Russell Brand Wanted in Springfield
"The Simpsons" had successfully secured a guest starring spot from former Prime Minister Tony Blair in 2003 but can it nab a favor from Barack Obama? The long-running FOX animated series has eyed the running U.S. President to join the show, providing voice for his cartoon character.
Should Obama agrees to this, then he will be the first president to appear on the show while in office. "We'd love to have Barack on the show," executive producers James L Brooks and Al Jean told The Sun's TV Biz. "No president has agreed to do it yet but we'll keep asking. We're putting all the right signals out."
The producers also want "very funny" British comedian Russell Brand who claimed his fame through "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and being the host for 2008 MTV Video Music Awards. "I would definitely be interested in writing an episode around him," Al said.
Not only that, the execs are crossing fingers for an appearance by ex-U.S. President George W. Bush.
More The Simpsons News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert