President Obama and Russell Brand Wanted in Springfield
"The Simpsons" had successfully secured a guest starring spot from former Prime Minister Tony Blair in 2003 but can it nab a favor from Barack Obama? The long-running FOX animated series has eyed the running U.S. President to join the show, providing voice for his cartoon character.
Should Obama agrees to this, then he will be the first president to appear on the show while in office. "We'd love to have Barack on the show," executive producers James L Brooks and Al Jean told The Sun's TV Biz. "No president has agreed to do it yet but we'll keep asking. We're putting all the right signals out."
The producers also want "very funny" British comedian Russell Brand who claimed his fame through "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and being the host for 2008 MTV Video Music Awards. "I would definitely be interested in writing an episode around him," Al said.
Not only that, the execs are crossing fingers for an appearance by ex-U.S. President George W. Bush.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show