Broadway Dims Lights for Natasha Richardson, Tributes Keep Pouring In
In an attempt to honor late actress Natasha Richardson who passed away on Wednesday, March 18, the lights of Broadway's theaters were dimmed for a minute on Thursday night, March 19. "The Broadway community is shocked and deeply saddened by the tragic loss of one of our finest young actresses," Charlotte St Martin, director of the Broadway League, said in a statement.
In the meantime, prayers and thoughts keep coming in from Natasha's celebrity friends and fellow performers, one of which is from Judi Dench. Co-starring with Natasha in a 1987 TV production of Henrik Ibsen's play "Ghosts", Judi remembers Natasha as a person who "had an incredibly luminous quality, that you seldom see, and a great sense of humor." She continues, "I thought she was a really great actress and seemed to simply shine in both film and theater."
Senior actress Jane Fonda takes to her blog to express her loss, writing "I first met her on the set of Julia. She was a little girl but already beautiful and graceful. It didn't surprise me that she became such a talented actor." Another Natasha's former co-star Alan Cumming even writes an essay on his blog that read, "The term 'life force' seems trite but that is what she was: a woman who powered through life and fascinated everyone she encountered. I have been thinking about the times I spent with her since I heard the news of her tragic accident, and the strongest memory I have is of her laughter, her unmistakable throaty laugh. I think that's a great way to remember someone."
Kelly Ripa, Demi Moore, Oprah Winfrey, Joan Rivers, and film directors Atom Egoyan and Sam Mendes are among the other notable figures in Hollywood movie industry who share their thoughts concerning the tragic death of Natasha. They join Nick Moore, who directed Natasha in her latest movie "Wild Child", and Lindsay Lohan, both of whom have previously offered their tributes to the late star and mother of two.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?