Michael Jackson Urged by Simon Cowell to Perform in 'American Idol'
Simon Cowell, one of the four judges in "American Idol", has reportedly urged Michael Jackson to make a live appearance in the FOX's reality singing competition. The television producer opens up about the possibility of Michael performing in the TV show during a segment in BBC 2/HBO's sitcom "Extra".
On the reason why Michael has to sing in "American Idol", Simon insists that the reality TV show is the best place for him to start making a comeback in America. "It's the best platform he can have in America right now. He'd be stupid not to do it," he says.
In related news, Michael Jackson and concert promoter AEG have reportedly sat down, talking about Michael's world tour. "There's no question that Michael and AEG are discussing a world tour now," sources say.
Though he is said to hold a series of American concerts in Las Vegas, Michael hasn't made any decision as he still looks for other places such as New York and Los Angeles as consideration. Latest rumor claims Ne-Yo will make a surprise appearance in one of Michael's concerts at London's O2 Arena.
More Michael Jackson News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones