No Cross-Dressing FBI Chief in Johnny Depp-Starring 'Public Enemies'
With the first trailer of "Public Enemies" available to see, Billy Crudup gave parts of his time to discuss about his J. Edgar Hoover portrayal and what to expect from his character in the crime drama movie. In an interview with MTV, he revealed that the supposed cross-dresser Hoover won't be seen a cross-dresser, stating "I won't be [cross-dressing] - well, not on film."
Giving more on his part, the "Watchmen" actor described his role as "a supporting part". He added, "It's kind of a cameo." On the significant part of his Hoover character, the 40-year-old pointed out on the film's central story, "It's a movie that's really about Purvis and Dillinger. I'm there to get Christian Bale motivated to go and get Johnny Depp."
From the director of "Collateral" comes "Public Enemies", a movie about charismatic bank robber, John Dillinger, whose lightning raids made him the number one target of J. Edgar Hoover's fledgling FBI and its top agent, Melvin Purvis, and a folk hero to much of the downtrodden public. It is adapted from Bryan Burrough's book "Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933-34".
While Billy Crudup takes on J. Edgar Hoover, Johnny Depp and Christian Bale play John Dillinger and Melvin Purvis respectively in the crime drama for Universal Pictures, which will raid theaters across the U.S. on July 1. The likes of Marion Cotillard, Channing Tatum, Giovanni Ribisi and Stephen Dorff are also featured in it.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back