Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Checks Out of Rehab, Gets Back to Work
"The Tudors" leading actor Jonathan Rhys-Meyers reportedly has checked out of rehab after being reported late last month to attend an undisclosed recovery center in England, seeking treatment to ditch his alcohol addiction. According to the Irish Independent, the actor has left the exclusive Causeway Retreat on Osea Island, Essex, and returned to work in Los Angeles.
"He is back in L.A. and he is back at work in so far as he is holding meetings with various parties about upcoming projects," said a friend of Rhys-Meyers. "He is a tortured soul in that when he does have days off, he can spiral quickly into a place where neither he nor his loved ones would like him to be."
On Rhys-Meyers' latest rehab treatment, the friend revealed, "He recognized that he needed help and hopefully now he is back on the straight and narrow. It is something that he finally accepted within himself that he has to deal with." The friend then added, "He will continue to get help now and the people around him will work to keep him going on the right track."
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown