Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Checks Out of Rehab, Gets Back to Work
"The Tudors" leading actor Jonathan Rhys-Meyers reportedly has checked out of rehab after being reported late last month to attend an undisclosed recovery center in England, seeking treatment to ditch his alcohol addiction. According to the Irish Independent, the actor has left the exclusive Causeway Retreat on Osea Island, Essex, and returned to work in Los Angeles.
"He is back in L.A. and he is back at work in so far as he is holding meetings with various parties about upcoming projects," said a friend of Rhys-Meyers. "He is a tortured soul in that when he does have days off, he can spiral quickly into a place where neither he nor his loved ones would like him to be."
On Rhys-Meyers' latest rehab treatment, the friend revealed, "He recognized that he needed help and hopefully now he is back on the straight and narrow. It is something that he finally accepted within himself that he has to deal with." The friend then added, "He will continue to get help now and the people around him will work to keep him going on the right track."
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos