Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Checks Out of Rehab, Gets Back to Work
"The Tudors" leading actor Jonathan Rhys-Meyers reportedly has checked out of rehab after being reported late last month to attend an undisclosed recovery center in England, seeking treatment to ditch his alcohol addiction. According to the Irish Independent, the actor has left the exclusive Causeway Retreat on Osea Island, Essex, and returned to work in Los Angeles.
"He is back in L.A. and he is back at work in so far as he is holding meetings with various parties about upcoming projects," said a friend of Rhys-Meyers. "He is a tortured soul in that when he does have days off, he can spiral quickly into a place where neither he nor his loved ones would like him to be."
On Rhys-Meyers' latest rehab treatment, the friend revealed, "He recognized that he needed help and hopefully now he is back on the straight and narrow. It is something that he finally accepted within himself that he has to deal with." The friend then added, "He will continue to get help now and the people around him will work to keep him going on the right track."
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist