Mike Tyson's Documentary Film Gets a Trailer
Screened for the first time at 2008 Cannes Film Festival, "Tyson", an autobiography about world boxing champ Mike Tyson, has received a trailer for public consumption. The documentary is both directed and written by Oscar-nominated screenwriter James Toback.
Through a mixture of original interviews and archival footage and photographs, a startlingly complex, fully-rounded human being emerges. The film ranges from Tyson's earliest memories of growing up on the mean streets of Brooklyn through his entry into the world of boxing, to his rollercoaster ride in the funhouse of worldwide fame and fortunes won and lost.
Toback allows Tyson to reveal himself without inhibition and with eloquence and a pervasive vulnerability. Distributed by Sony Pictures Classic, it will box itself to U.S. theaters on April 24.
More Tyson News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance