Mike Tyson's Documentary Film Gets a Trailer
Screened for the first time at 2008 Cannes Film Festival, "Tyson", an autobiography about world boxing champ Mike Tyson, has received a trailer for public consumption. The documentary is both directed and written by Oscar-nominated screenwriter James Toback.
Through a mixture of original interviews and archival footage and photographs, a startlingly complex, fully-rounded human being emerges. The film ranges from Tyson's earliest memories of growing up on the mean streets of Brooklyn through his entry into the world of boxing, to his rollercoaster ride in the funhouse of worldwide fame and fortunes won and lost.
Toback allows Tyson to reveal himself without inhibition and with eloquence and a pervasive vulnerability. Distributed by Sony Pictures Classic, it will box itself to U.S. theaters on April 24.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch